Big Boss 100% uncut?

soulborn

I call it a "jump kick joust", because, essentially, it involves two characters trying to attack one another in mid-air, only for one to be successful... hence, the "joust" reference.

As for the ETD "JKJ", I don't think that was quite as high a leap as implied in TBB... they were over the damn trees in that one!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Son Of A Gun

I love that scene. 'lol When a hot woman pulls up her top and says "look, the bastard shot me with darts", I highly doubt I'd be focusing on the darts. I'd have a good look at the breast first before I even start to think about some darts. :xd:

I'd be like "Oh well, love, life's a bitch. Now show me the other one".

I asked Fortune Star Media about The Big Boss and they confirmed that Golden Harvest didn't keep the original negative and they don't have a longer version.

just read on facebook from will johnson (KFM/BBLA) that he recorded all the mandarin bl movies shown at the uk 1979 convention including big boss BUT only on audio cassette so he knows (has evidence) what was shown in regards to missing scenes. they were talking about the old uk bl kfm conventions - some interesting stuff. he has bits of 79 convention on 8mm and they (will/greg rhodes) recorded 80 convention but robert lee took the only vhs copy back with him to the US so he hasn't even got a copy (didn't have the time to make a copy) man that woulda pissed me off.

Cool. I speak to Will sometimes. I had no idea he had such things. But cool.

What happened to the Big Boss print shown at that convention? Who owned it and who has it now?

Will Will ('lol) upload some of those clips to youtube for us, do you think?

By the way,. that black and white 8mm footage of on the set of Game of Death, where they're posing for the photo shoot. Why do we only have it in such terrible quality?

Is it Peter Lee, or Robert Lee who shot it? And would they never consider sharing it in it's full

quality? I don't get why the version we have has to be so poor. It's camcordered from a tv or something.

bruce sawford and eddy pumer don't know what happened to that boss print - i asked them. robert lee god footage was filmed by a japanese collector - filming it camcorder at tv i think why its bad quality. robert lee came back and caught him doing it so he only got 5 mins or so. apparently it runs for an hour or so in perfect quality with sound. linda lee woulda had this footage after bruce's passing and somehow robert got it.

Holy crap! An hour of that GOD black n white footage!

Why does this stuff stay stashed away? Why does Robert Lee have this stuff and why doesn't he share it with the fans?

I want that 1 hour of footage so bad. :(

Also, why are 'Collectors' called 'collectors' and not "Fans"? I'm a fan and I collect BL stuff. That makes me a 'Collector", right?

So what's so special about this Japanese person? Is it because they're rich?

a collector a fan also a jkd practitioner if i remember right. this footage was first released in late 70s? on a Japanese jkd doc - 2 volumes. dunno if you've seen them - showed backyard footages aswell - martial club woulda been selling these vhs bootlegs back in the day lol.

Yeah I have the Backyard training footage from Shaolin Video, but never have I seen a doc with the GOD black n white footage. I'm guessing you mean the camcordered short version of the footage.

iSD62-VuulE

this footage of ted wong and robert lee was also on that japanese jkd doc vid. ted sadly passed away recently.

Cool. I take it this footage is only available in this camcordered state too? Shame.

I wonder why Robert Lee stopped the dude from recording it but then let him keep the stuff he had managed to record. Is both this and the GOD footage originally filmed on 8mm, 16mm or was it done on some kind of early home video camera?

greenbamboo

more unseen footage that's gone missing - the original promo trailer for "Fist of Fury" then entitled "The Intercepting Fists" - taken from Bruce's own art of JKD.

bigbosse.png

tangshandaxiong

Great find! It`s said that it was on the reels along the uncut print which Fred Weintraub recieved back then.

Here`s a picture from the "shoulder clash" scene in the shown trailer.

BL_FOF_SP031.jpg

anyone have that movie and can make me a copy of the big boss original dub?

I want to see it!

Thanks a lot:wink:

I can pay via paypal

Hi guys, sorry for bringing this up again, but i would like to ask, seriously, who has the complete uncut version of this film??? :)

Guest Markgway
Hi guys, sorry for bringing this up again, but i would like to ask, seriously, who has the complete uncut version of this film??? :)

omfg-photos-7.jpg?w=500&h=313

Archived