Big Boss 100% uncut?

soulborn

Son Of A Gun

^'lol Funny and relevant quote.... :xd:

But I think it was more like "That's too bad... too bad really. Now this, not a word to no one." :nerd:

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're only watching these movies for the, well, movies then this is probably not interesting at all.

However, as far as I understand, it this is NOT a bunch of Western guys dubbing over this version! This version is interesting to film fans as it contains the original Hong Kong English dub. The ordinary English dub is the one that was made when the American distribution company didn't like the original dub. I know squad about dubbers but to me it sound like the new dub is the one done by Westerners, if any. :nerd:

If you're only watching these movies for the, well, movies then this is probably not interesting at all.

However, as far as I understand, it this is NOT a bunch of Western guys dubbing over this version! This version is interesting to film fans as it contains the original Hong Kong English dub. The ordinary English dub is the one that was made when the American distribution company didn't like the original dub. I know squad about dubbers but to me it sound like the new dub is the one done by Westerners, if any. :nerd:

Na mate

Both dubs have been completed by Westerners. This one is "CUT TO RIBBONS", dubbed by a different bunch of Westerners and remains the reason a new dub was required in the first place lol. Basically this one sucked ass!

Hey I'll watch it but it's nothing new and grossly disappointing. Essentially people are paying for different voices covering the movie and trimmed down fight scenes. I started watching Bruce Lee films in 1982 and saw enough Rank Video censored nonsense to last me a lifetime.:neutral:

Listen guys....no one has any better knowledge on the Big Boss than Jason Hart. I would trust his review of the English Dub more than anyone on here!

Someone send him a copy so he can analyise the footage!

I think everyone was expecting more. I saw the print at Nottingham and was intrigued by the alternate dub - I expected it to be missing frames and not to be featuring new fight footage. I also saw a print of Fist of Fury (original UK screening) where the credits played over the funeral scene....so that's another one to track down and possibly Video Asia's alternate print too.

What do you mean by that? If you know something, tell me!:xd:

"how dare you speak to him at that tone of voice!"

"you know what, I bet this topic is dead now"

Send Jason Hart a copy and let him decide if it should be dead now!

Listen guys....no one has any better knowledge on the Big Boss than Jason Hart. I would trust his review of the English Dub more than anyone on here!

Someone send him a copy so he can analyise the footage!

Hmm... I think Jason and I are on par with one another... you can ask him :wink:

tangshandaxiong

I think fans of The Big Boss should appreciate every bit of alternate material that hasn`t been released yet. It has been stated many times that "the version you`ve never seen" just features the first rejected dub and the score by Wang Fu-Ling which no one really mentioned so far (maybe because of the parts which are missing due to print damage). We really couldn`t expect too much and should be thankful that it survived and has been finally shared.

Son Of A Gun

-

"Young man, suppose we assume that this thread is going away and it's never coming back again.

Now, would this be such a terrible thing?"

PDVD_288.png

Son Of A Gun

and...mpm74", that 'Dope In Ice' cd cover is brilliant. :xd:

(tangshandaxiong)I think fans of The Big Boss should appreciate every bit of alternate material that hasn`t been released yet. It has been stated many times that "the version you`ve never seen" just features the first rejected dub and the score by Wang Fu-Ling which no one really mentioned so far (maybe because of the parts which are missing due to print damage). We really couldn`t expect too much and should be thankful that it survived and has been finally shared.

tangshandaxiong, I wasn't expecting extra footage atall from this Rare old dub print. All I wanted to was the alternate dub and possibly to see some rougher splice marks in places where we know cuts were made. But what disappointed me was the amount of missing footage in this print. the fights aren't cut due to violence I don't think. The scenes literally just jump forward by 60 seconds! And the scene where Bruce is sitting by the waterfall is completely missing!

I'm glad we got to see it finally but wish it didn't have so much missing from it. We know the full dub exsists somewhere, right? Because HKL and Fox had the dub audio used for that "sitting by the waterfall" scene on their dvd releases.

And yes, this old dub is terrible. I expected it to be slightly better than it is, for some reason.

Some scenes have dialogue that seems like a guy has just been given a microphone and told "just say something". :wink:

and...mpm74", that 'Dope In Ice' cd cover is brilliant. :xd:

tangshandaxiong, I wasn't expecting extra footage atall from this Rare old dub print. All I wanted to was the alternate dub and possibly to see some rougher splice marks in places where we know cuts were made. But what disappointed me was the amount of missing footage in this print. the fights aren't cut due to violence I don't think. The scenes literally just jump forward by 60 seconds! And the scene where Bruce is sitting by the waterfall is completely missing!

I'm glad we got to see it finally but wish it didn't have so much missing from it. We know the full dub exsists somewhere, right? Because HKL and Fox had the dub audio used for that "sitting by the waterfall" scene on their dvd releases.

And yes, this old dub is terrible. I expected it to be slightly better than it is, for some reason.

Some scenes have dialogue that seems like a guy has just been given a microphone and told "just say something". :wink:

Yeah

You've been totally honest dude.

I consider myself a Bruce Lee superfreak. I've been a fan for over 30 years and when something new comes along I'm buzzing. When I first saw the 42 minute edit of the GOD pagoda scenes I barely slept for three days and I'll be the same if the full Ahna Capri footage becomes available.

This Big Boss original dub stuff is lost on me though. I would watch it but it does nothing for me because there's no NEW Bruce Lee stuff on it. That is what we all crave right - NEW Bruce Lee stuff? A different music score, a different voice, wtf?

BORING!!!!!:squigglemouth:

"Young man, suppose we assume that this thread is going away and it's never coming back again. Now, would this be such a terrible thing?"

"Tell us where that uncut Big Boss is, or we'll take you to the law!"

"Tell us where that uncut Big Boss is, or we'll take you to the law!"

Do what you want! The forum will laugh at you!

Son Of A Gun
Yeah

I consider myself a Bruce Lee superfreak. I've been a fan for over 30 years and when something new comes along I'm buzzing. When I first saw the 42 minute edit of the GOD pagoda scenes I barely slept for three days and I'll be the same if the full Ahna Capri footage becomes available.

:

Didn't sleep for 3 days! :xd: I know exactly what you mean. I was the same when I finally saw that GOD footage. I actually didn't even know it had been released on dvd yet at the time, and I was browsing through my local music/dvd store and spotted "Game of Death platinum edition HKL". My blood pressure went up a little.... I took it off the shelf and looked on the back cover.

Then read - "Game of Death Re-visited featurette-40 minute edit of the original Game of Death Footage"

I was like "Holy Satan!" :smile: Bought it and rushed home like my life depended on it. People didn't understand when I shouted "I've waited 25 years to see this dvd!!"

I already knew the footage had been found and edited together because I'd seen BBC2 (I think) air an edited version of the Warriors Journey cut with commentary by "Andrew Staton and Jude Poyer, was it?

This Big Boss original dub stuff is lost on me though. I would watch it but it does nothing for me because there's no NEW Bruce Lee stuff on it. That is what we all crave right - NEW Bruce Lee stuff? A different music score, a different voice, wtf?

BORING!!!!!:squigglemouth

Hell no, it aint boring! Anything new on Big Boss is good for me. It's not just about Bruce. My interest goes deeper than that. It's about the history of the film.... a fascination with 70s productions of HK movies and the legends behind the Big Boss. The Locations, the music, the dubbing.... the behind the scene stories and photos.... Bruce's letters he wrote to Linda and the kids.... etc...

It's like being a freakin Historian. :nerd:

Do what you want! The forum will laugh at you!

We'll see who gets the last laugh out of this, it won't be you I YOU, I swear it!"

ChineseSausage
We'll see who gets the last laugh out of this, it won't be you I YOU, I swear it!"

Get out!

(funky-brassy tune ensues) :wink:

*As the music kicks in, mpm74 walks out of the mansion and notices goons coming in from all directions. One guy is wearing a yellow shirt with a black belt OVER it, which is mpm74's last laugh moments before he is killed*

*As the music kicks in, mpm74 walks out of the mansion and notices goons coming in from all directions. One guy is wearing a yellow shirt with a black belt OVER it, which is mpm74's last laugh moments before he is killed*

YellowShirt.jpg

Archived