Big Boss 100% uncut?

soulborn

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I think you're referring to the unreleased "Fist of Fury" Video-Asia dvd. Not the John Little doc. right?

And I have the same question. What was going to be on that Fist of Fury release?

:smile:

can't remember but there would be similar extras as big boss - interviews with cast and crew etc

OK, thanks:smile:.

It's claiming to be a version we've never seen, although nothing can be thought of that's different.

Yeah, for VideoAsia to release Fist of Fury on dvd, they would have to have a good reason wouldn't they? I mean, the print or soundtrack would have to be rare or interesting in some way, right? Otherwise people would wonder why they just spent their money on an inferior looking copy of Fist of Fury. I would imagine.

:nerd:

Rehearsals.

Check the brown Corduroys.

0005004-1.jpg

:bigsmile:

bigbossdolleytracktemp.jpg

bigbosstmep1.jpg

Hey, something I noticed about this rare old english dub...... the dubbing in the old english trailer (for this dub) has different recordings of the lines.

Compare the line in the trailer "I'm not mad at him. They just don't understand, that's the trouble."

with the same line in the movie. It's said slightly different. So they obviously recorded these lines especially for the trailer.

Not uncommon practice. But just thought I'd point it out.

Here is the audio clip from the actual movie - http://www.mediafire.com/?zm5la2md0ymeaa1 (mp3)

Here is the trailer with the same scene -

Happy New Year!

http://kungfucinema.com/forums/showpost.php?p=149731&postcount=1

Is that John Little docu available?

John Little's in pursuit of the dragon documentary has already been released on dvd in France. I saw a link to it, but cannot remember where. Someone also mentioned it was not supposed to be released because it had not made the final cut but they went ahead anyways and released it. it will have an official release during the summer of this year. If I find the link I will re-post it here.

Oh yeah! that's the Factory manager, without his moustache it looks like.

Surely that must have been a fake moustache he had in the film then? Check it out, it looks like a fake.

Regarding the other posted 'rehearsal' photo of the bad guy from the factory with the sailor's hat, you can actually see him in the film wearing the white shirt. During the very first scene at the factory, when Ah Kun pushes the block of ice and shouts, "OK! OK!", keep an eye on the right of the screen... there he is.

ChineseSausage
bigbosslegacydvd.jpg

Back in the day I was all set to buy it, as well as their version of Fist Of Fury, what a disappointment when the DVD release was cancelled at the last moment. I have not heard any commentary on the downloadable version of Big Boss by anyone who bought it. Any word yet on what is new?

Back in the day I was all set to buy it, as well as their version of Fist Of Fury, what a disappointment when the DVD release was cancelled at the last moment. I have not heard any commentary on the downloadable version of Big Boss by anyone who bought it. Any word yet on what is new?

Was their version of FIST OF FURY another 'version you've never seen'?

Son Of A Gun
Surely that must have been a fake moustache he had in the film then? Check it out, it looks like a fake.

Regarding the other posted 'rehearsal' photo of the bad guy from the factory with the sailor's hat, you can actually see him in the film wearing the white shirt. During the very first scene at the factory, when Ah Kun pushes the block of ice and shouts, "OK! OK!", keep an eye on the right of the screen... there he is.

Thanks for the info Chien, I will look out for that next time. :wink:

And for those that don't have a copy of the Big Boss Rare english dub yet....

What's different?

Well first off - there is lots of big chunks missing from the print. I guess due to print damage? The fight scenes are much shorter. Some scenes are totally missing. I'm guessing this is still due to print damage. So big disappointment there.

The only extra bits I noticed, or think I noticed are the little extra bits that were already available on the old French VHS. And those are....

The scene where Ah Kun describes the foreman to Bruce, saying he has a beard and pig tail. And the shot where Bruce, James Tien and the other room mates run to the factory the morning after thier 2 friends were chopped up. It's about 1 second longer I think.

And there are a few dialogue scenes that have shots extended by about 1 - 2 seconds.

They are shown here and are very hard to notice unless you're actually looking for them.

Here are the extra bits compared to the usual version. Really boring and not exciting....but anyway..

Well first off - there is lots of big chunks missing from the print. I guess due to print damage? The fight scenes are much shorter. Some scenes are totally missing. I'm guessing this is still due to print damage. So big disappointment there.

Sounds very much like the print that was shown in summer 1996 in Nottingham and Bradford...

Son Of A Gun

Yep, its the same print. There's only one going around. It's that one. :)

Toby Russell found it in someone's garage in Crystal Palace, London in the early 90s. Not sure if it was a garage sale of a random dude or if he knew the guy somehow. But what a find.

Thanks for the info Chien, I will look out for that next time. :wink:

And for those that don't have a copy of the Big Boss Rare english dub yet....

What's different?

The only extra bits I noticed, or think I noticed are the little extra bits that were already available on the old French VHS. And those are....

The scene where Ah Kun describes the foreman to Bruce, saying he has a beard and pig tail. And the shot where Bruce, James Tien and the other room mates run to the factory the morning after thier 2 friends were chopped up. It's about 1 second longer I think.

And there are a few dialogue scenes that have shots extended by about 1 - 2 seconds.

They are shown here and are very hard to notice unless you're actually looking for them.

Here are the extra bits compared to the usual version. Really boring and not exciting....but anyway..

LOL Finally:wink:

Thanks for providing this update bro, that's what I've been looking for all along.

Essentially this print is TOILET SHIT and has nothing new to offer and to top it off the fight scenes are cut WTF??? Does anyone watch The Big Boss for anything other than the action? What we have here is a bunch of different, possibly drunk, western guys talking over the same chinese guys and making up the dialogue as they go along. HOT SHIT!:tinysmile_angry2_t:

We are clearly scraping the bottom of the barrell for Bruce Lee stuff if this crap is getting sold for twenty five sheets. Shaolin Video eat your heart out! Hahahaha:cry:

Is this the print that was shown in cinema early 1970 in United Kingdom??

Does anyone know?

I don't know dude but when I read Son of a Gun's breakdown it wouldn't matter if Bruce Lee, James Tien, Nora Miao and Maria Yi had an orgy while watching this version in the Hong Kong Mirimar - it can rot in celluloid hell along with Betamax and V2000.

It's missing FIGHT FOOTAGE and contains nothing new. I may as well go and grab Fist of Fury, trim down the fights using editing software and me and my mates can talk over it.

Would you buy that for £25?:bigsmile:

Son Of A Gun
And to think some of you were going to pay £20 to download this nonsense.

I paid it because I have been desperate for anything new on Big Boss. And I expected it to be more interesting than it turned out to be. And I'm talking "dub-wise" , not extra footage. I didn't expect any extra footage atall.

Certainly didn't know it was gonna have big chunks missing from it though.

So no, it wasn't worth £25, but did I have to have it? YES

Secret is, getting multiple peeps to chip on for it. :wink:

ChineseSausage

Thank you for your analysis. It is too bad it did not live up to the hype.

"...that's too bad, really. Now, not a word of this to no one" :wink:

Archived