Is Thunderclap in your Top 10?

falkor

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The movie is so-so. Nothing overly special. Lots and lots of special effects. I posted the lobby set in the Shaw Image Gallery some time back. I wonder though if the whole framing device of the writer coming up with the idea for the comic book (which makes up the movie) was done late in the game as the movie doesn't really have an ending. The fights are good and Wang Li gets a good sized supporting role. The Lion Man is the best thing in the movie. The dvd floating around looks to be cut, though.

Morgoth Bauglir

I haven't seen this movie (though I want to!), but I remember in the hkcinemagic.com interview with Tony Leung he said that he wanted to do a lot more with this movie, but wasn't allowed to because of budget, or something like that...

Here's the set. It starts at the bottom of page 10 and over onto page 11. I didn't do anything with the color to enhance the image as I was just playing around with the pics but was unable to eliminate the join as my scanner wasn't big enough to scan an entire image....

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4222&page=10

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4222&page=11

Hi Venoms5, I just checked out your image topic for the first time; very impressive!:o

Thanks for the kind words. It could be more impressive if I was more learned with knowledge of photoshop in regards to the lobby sets.:P

Just scan in about 600 dpi then cut off a bit of margin from the inside before stitching together using layers/transparency. The trick is to keep each half of the lobby dead straight on the scanner bed and firmly pressed down. If you still get those lines through the middle of the joined scans then you need to use blending effects or get a new scanner.

Just scan in about 600 dpi then cut off a bit of margin from the inside before stitching together using layers/transparency. The trick is to keep each half of the lobby dead straight on the scanner bed and firmly pressed down. If you still get those lines through the middle of the joined scans then you need to use blending effects or get a new scanner.

Thanks for the tip. I will keep this in mind when I get time to scan some other sets.:D

The movie is so-so. Nothing overly special. Lots and lots of special effects. I posted the lobby set in the Shaw Image Gallery some time back. I wonder though if the whole framing device of the writer coming up with the idea for the comic book (which makes up the movie) was done late in the game as the movie doesn't really have an ending. The fights are good and Wang Li gets a good sized supporting role. The Lion Man is the best thing in the movie. The dvd floating around looks to be cut, though.

Wang Li? You're not mixing up the names now are you? I don't even see him mentioned on the cast list.

Wang Li? You're not mixing up the names now are you? I don't even see him mentioned on the cast list.

No, Wang Li is in the film. He's on one of the lobby cards, too. He fights the Lion Man in the movie on two separate occasions.

Then I'll definately try and look up this movie. I remember making a mental note when I saw the pics you posted way back, but forgot all about it. Thanks man. :D

shaolin drunkard

Do not let your expectations reach ridiculous heights,it happens often with rare movies.Thunderclap is good but I would barely include it in top 100 of shaws.

Speaking of this character, does anyone know who played him. I liked his opening fight with the two thieves.

The director and choreographer, Liang Hsiao Hung.

Archived