Rares

falkor

This topic is for incoming rares that need identification or more info re: cast, akas, database links etc. I'll also be showcasing rare versions of known movies that I feel may be of particular interest to kung fans. First up:

This God Is Mine?

For the next few weeks starting tomorrow, I should have quite a lot of new stuff to show you guys each day. :D Any help with the rare films (like the one above) will be much appreciated, as always. :kiss:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

I have this movie under the title Secret Rivals 3. It is my favorite performance from underused actor Chin Lung.

The question is not whether you have the movie, but whether you have the version or knew it existed (widescreen, subtitled).

Morgoth Bauglir

hmmm, I did not know that. Thanks for the info. I deleted the quoted part from my last post. I do get quote happy sometimes :P

And I guess I didn't realize the question you were asking. Sorry about that. I didn't know there was a subbed version of this movie. And the version I have from videoasia is only slightly wide with very thin black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

this is from the old HK VHS, the Trailer for it was on other Tapes too. lots of old pre-Ric-Meyers-Idiocy-Tapes were in 16.9 Widescreen in HK back then.

Is the wide, sub version of Dragon Fighter also longer than the dub print? Some parts from the dub seemed cut/shortened down.

Just watched this couple nights ago - though it was wide/dub.

I know about that print; its common.

Is the wide, sub version of Dragon Fighter also longer than the dub print?

Slightly shorter actually, though not sure if its cut or just PAL speed up.

Here's a rare:

dDVD_VIDEO_RECORDER-4.jpg

dDVD_VIDEO_RECORDER-24.jpg

Iron Fan And Magic Sword

There's a widescreen mandarin dvd from Eastern Heroes.

I audio dubbed this with the English soundtrack, making it dual language, and it will be added to the RareKFM site in due course.

This is the best copy of The Invasion I've ever seen--transferred from original Singapore tape. It's actually anamorphic, so stretches out nicely on a widescreen TV.

inv1.jpg

inv2.jpg

inv3.jpg

inv4.jpg

if all works out a German Release for INVASION is coming... 2.35 (16:9), but of course cut... let's see what will happen.

Nice; keep us posted! I got the original Chinese lobby set if you guys need it (I regretebly missed a few emails of yours over the past 6 months).

Falkor,

What is different from your version versus the Crash/Hollywood East/CAV versions? The burnt in subs?

Check out the quality of this Revenger print...

DVD_VIDEO_RECORDER-25.jpg

DVD_VIDEO_RECORDER-29.jpg

I didn't realise they put out a subtitled print, so perhaps there is no difference. I will have a look to see if I've got them other releases to compare...

Archived