Shinobi No Mono Parts 1 - 8

smullen

Last night I picked up and watched Shinobi No Mono (1 and 2), Great flicks I thought!!!!

The point of my post is that I read that there are like 8 in the series, however I can find no mention of any past 2 anywhere....

Anyone have links to a place where I could get the other ones???

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Here's all of them at an eBay store:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SHINOBI-NO-MONO-b-o-Assassins-disc-set-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ270290355616QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270290355616&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

The seller has them as individuals too. I've bought from them before and the discs looked good and came quickly. I've only seen the first three so far- loved them- but my friends say they're all great.

Morgoth Bauglir

I was going to wait and see if Animego is going to release all of these movies, but then someone told me on another forum that Tomisaburo Wakayama plays a villain. I gotta see it now, right away!!

Here's all of them at an eBay store:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SHINOBI-NO-MONO-b-o-Assassins-disc-set-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ270290355616QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270290355616&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

The seller has them as individuals too. I've bought from them before and the discs looked good and came quickly. I've only seen the first three so far- loved them- but my friends say they're all great.

Cool thank you... I just ordered that set and a few others...

We'll see how these turn out and I might other another couple...

Thanks again...

Smullen: I honestly would've waited to get the entire set from AnimEigo, it would be different if they weren't going to be released then I would buy them now. But they're being released, and its a Great series I've seen them all.

Also Morgoth: Tomisaburo Wakayama does plays a villain, I think he was in a few of the episodes, can't remember how many. But I'm gonna watch the series again this week.

Animeigo has been taking their time putting these out. I just got Volume 2 a few weeks ago. But they have certainly been worth the wait. Their notes and research about historical ninjutsu have been very good. I look forward to the next one.

• Administrator

Whoops! :o

I love Animiego, and didn't mean to steer someone away from their legitimate releases and towards boots. :quiet:

I read that they were only releasing the first two! I bought their two releases from the series, and then I really wanted to see the rest of them so I went ahead and got them. I can't remember where I read that now, but are you sure they plan on releasing all of them? I would definitely re-buy these titles to have their official ones.

I've always loved their releases, especially the two English sub choices. I do agree with Mark P's reviews though- I'd like some liner notes about the films themselves along with the historical info (which I do appreciate!). I'd really like to hear how the production of the films came about, info on the stars, writers, director, et.

Morgoth Bauglir

Don't sweat it KF Bob. We all know you are a good guy, and because of that, I don't think anyone would have questioned the advice you gave to smullen. You didn't have to explain yourself, but the fact that you did just ups your rep that much more. You are a cool fuckin dude. I wish I had the money to get these movies, but I will be getting them as soon as I can. Hopefully really soon!!

That's cool. I prefer to not buy bootlegs or non-Region 1 releases, but I might have to start getting the Shadow Warriors from an Ebay source. It doesn't look they following seasons will ever get released. But at 50 bucks a season, it's no wonder the same one has been gathering dust at Fry's for a year....

I just emailed AnimEigo myself to ask if they are going to finish the entire series, so here is the contact #'s and email if anyone else wants to contact them as well.

Most questions regarding AnimEigo and our products can be directed to questions@animeigo.com; they will be directed to and answered by the appropriate staff-person. But please, read the AnimEigo Top-10 list, it probably contains the answer to your question!

Orders and questions about orders should be sent to orders@animeigo.com, for minimum delay.

Questions about Convention sponsorship, screenings, film festivals, etc., can be directed to branson@animeigo.com.

Reviewers who wish to attempt to bamboozle us into sending them free copies of our titles should offer flattery and bribes to aaron@animeigo.com.

Retailers wishing information about ordering our products should call our main number, or email madoka@animeigo.com.

You can also call us at 1-800-24ANIME (in North Carolina, 910-251-1850), fax us at 910-763-2376, or write to us at AnimEigo, P.O. Box 989, Wilmington NC 28402-0989.

Smullen: I honestly would've waited to get the entire set from AnimEigo, it would be different if they weren't going to be released then I would buy them now. But they're being released, and its a Great series I've seen them all.

I see your point, but how would one know what they were going to release and when? Do you have a link to a ""Official List"???

What other flicks did they (AnimEigo) make thats worthg getting???

smullen: You can buy direct from them or you can go to any Best Buy, Amazon.com, DeepDiscount.com those are just a few who sell there titles.

OK, What gives with the Shinobi no Mono DVDs...

1st I bought

Shinobi no Mono (by AnimEigo)

Shinobi no Mono 2 Vengance (by AnimEigo)

Loved both and found out there was a series and looked into it somemore..

I found a link I think posted above and bought

Shinobo No Mono "The Collection" Volumes 1-9 in a nice case that opens and has all Nine discs in it...

I just got around to opeing it and looking in it and the discs at titled as follows

D1. Shinobo No Mono 1 Band of Assassins

D2. Shinobo No Mono Return of Band of Assissans

D3. Shinobo No Mono 3 Goemon Will Never Die!

D4. Shinobo No Mono 4 Saizo the Mist!

D5. Shinobo No Mono 5 Return of the Mist Saizo

D6. Shinobo No Mono 6 Iga Mansion

D7. Shinobo No Mono 7 Saizo the Mist Returns Again!

D8. Shinobo No Mono 8 The Three Enemies

D8. Shinobo No Mono 9 Mission: Iron Castle

Questions:

1. Why do the 1st two discs titles differ from the 1st two in the complete set I bought???

2. The Complete set looks fairly legit, but there is no Bar Code, publisher or anything other than Title and a few pics on the box???

Getting ready to wach a few in a minute, since I'm home from work sick and can't do much else...

I might be able to post pics later...

• Administrator

Yup, he bought the bootleg set- as there's not an official set with English subtitles out there. Well, looks like I have to buy two copies of every official Animiego release of this series to make up for the earlier advice I gave. :quiet:

Anyway, Smullen- the first two films are the same as the official releases you bought. It's just that translations from Japanese to English can often be extremely varied. For example, if you were to look up the list of Zatoichi movies in four different books, you'll likely see a variety of differences from one tome to another in the way the titles were interpreted. Then look at the titles as they were released on DVD and there could be even more changes.

The set you bought is from a company that doesn't own the official rights to these titles. Before Animiego purchased those rights the titles were sort of in a grey area that allows bootleggers to release foreign films stateside. I still recommend this seller for stuff that hasn't been picked up for legitimate US distribution, but if you're not sure if something your thinking of getting is available as an official release or not, just ask here at the forum and I'm sure people will let you know. ;)

Not sure if I am understanding, but did you just buy the bootleg set?

Not my intention, but I might have... Kinda of what I was afraid of and the reason of my last post...

Ebay seller chambara_dvd(324)

Item number: 270290355616

Watching Disc 3 from the 9 volume set now ... It looks to be the same quality video, audio and subtitles as the 1st two I watched from Animiego....

If I see them from Animiego I'll pobabbly re-pick them up...

Yup, he bought the bootleg set- as there's not an official set with English subtitles out there. Well, looks like I have to buy two copies of every official Animiego release of this series to make up for the earlier advice I gave. :quiet:

Don't worry, I'll pick'em up when I see'm...

Anyway, Smullen- the first two films are the same as the official releases you bought. It's just that translations from Japanese to English can often be extremely varied. For example, if you were to look up the list of Zatoichi movies in four different books, you'll likely see a variety of differences from one tome to another in the way the titles were interpreted. Then look at the titles as they were released on DVD and there could be even more changes.

Makes sense...

I still recommend this seller for stuff that hasn't been picked up for legitimate US distribution, but if you're not sure if something your thinking of getting is available as an official release or not, just ask here at the forum and I'm sure people will let you know. ;)

Besides, some titles possibly being bootleg, seller you mentioned seems pretty decent to me as well...

Everything came quickly and as described....

No harm...

Thanks again for the info...

Glad to help. :nerd:

How'd you like film 3?

Oh yeah- hope you feel better Bro.

3 was pretty good... Not as good as 1 and 2 IMHO.... I watched up too 5...

They are getting less about the Ninja battles and more about whos clan is takin over whos and Politics and what not... Still several good battles in each...

Did Geomon die off??? I lost him after 3.... Kinda looks a bit like Saizo, but not really...

I'm not 100% better, more like 80% but I gotta get back to the office tommorow, so Hopefully, I'll get to wach atleast 6 (Iga Mansion)tommorow night...

AnimEigo is having a sale right now, selling its samurai films at $12.99 each. While taking advantage of the sale, I asked about the release schedule for the rest of the Shinobi no Mono DVDs. They said that #3 would be out early next year, with the rest of the series being released in 3-month intervals.

I bought rips of the vhs fansubs a few years ago and enjoyed them all. Granted some of them were better than others, but i'd highly recommend getting into the series for those that haven't yet.

I believe the series switches up main characters from Goemon to Saizou after the third and then chageses once more at 8 (all played by Raizo) all of which with the occasional "retcons" thrown in from time to time. Actually the films for me are a bit fuzzy now after so long since my last viewing, so i'm looking forward to going back and watching the first two AnimEigo releases. The VHS rips I have are blury, and washed out a lot of the night action unlike Merlin's newer fansubs from the Japanese releases. I have part 9 here somewhere also, but have still haven't watch it.

AnimEigo is having a sale right now, selling its samurai films at $12.99 each. While taking advantage of the sale, I asked about the release schedule for the rest of the Shinobi no Mono DVDs. They said that #3 would be out early next year, with the rest of the series being released in 3-month intervals.

Actually I just spoke with Aaron at AnimEigo who's currently working on the 3rd entry which is slated for a Feburary release, with the next to follow this August. The rest are "tentative". So get your asses out there and support the legitimate releases!

Archived