Shanghai 13 (1985)

Guest gfanikf

Reel Power Stunts
There is a really nice DVD of it out of Japan (widescreen), but sadly, no English subtitles. :cry:

And a subtitled custom job has been made, and can be found at usual places.

• Like 1

i had forgotten that i have this on vhs. had to hook up my vhs machine to watch it. not bad. simple plot, lots of fighting, very bloody. glad i re watched it. :tongue::bigsmile::wink:

• Like 1

Drunken Arts

Hey Guys, I stumbled across this title due to a review of Shaolin Temple [aka Death Chamber] on IMDB, the reviewer had mentioned this is choca block full of Stars.

So i did some searching and found a DVD on ebay for £20+.. Thought it was abit high priced for something i knew so little about and ended in this thread via Google...

Im glad i did not ordered that DVD as i now know it is terrible quality..

I've seen the screen takes and subs on the pics posted in this thread and it looks great guys..

Anyone in the UK able to help me out with this one? PM me if poss, cheers..

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer

This is Terracotta Distributions second release after 'Hero of Shaolin', and will be hitting UK shelves on February 9th. Is this the first official DVD release of this movie!? -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shanghai-Thirteen-DVD-Andy-Lau/dp/B00PZX2DWK/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1420589583&sr=1-1&keywords=shanghai+13

• Like 1

• Administrator

Can't believe this is finally getting an official release! :bigsmile: Awesome!

Is Terracotta typically an anime distributor? I feel like I have a few from them...

• Like 1

This is Terracotta Distributions second release after 'Hero of Shaolin', and will be hitting UK shelves on February 9th. Is this the first official DVD release of this movie!? -

was out in Japan since December 2012 in remastered 2.35 16:9. no English Options of course.

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir

Definitely a must. How did the Hero of Shaolin DVD turn out? Was the quality as good as the trailer? I'm thinking of getting it. Shanghai 13 on the other hand requires no thinking.

• Like 1

• Administrator
Definitely a must. How did the Hero of Shaolin DVD turn out? Was the quality as good as the trailer? I'm thinking of getting it. Shanghai 13 on the other hand requires no thinking.

A friend has an extra copy and is giving it to me. Once I get it I'll let you know how it looks.

• Like 1

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

No wonder not much is known about Sunny Yu.

Only 4 films.

Raiders of the Shaolin Temple (1984)

The ending was AWESOME w/ his Horse Boxing Kung Fu Style.

0.jpg

pakistani_raiders_of_the_shaolin_temple.jpg

Filmography (1982-1984)

Actor (4 films)

36 Super-Kids (1982) ... [intro]

Duel of the Masters (1983)

Shanghai 13 (1984)

Raiders of the Shaolin Temple (1984)

I do not remember him in this farce:

DueloftheMasters+1983-5-b.jpg

GD Y-Y

• Like 1

i recently bought the rights to this .it was in a package with the angel movies.killer angels,angels terminator etc.

will be releasing shanghai 13 soon in south africa.widescreen

i asked a member of this board to send me viewing copy to check if it ws worth getting .

wasnt interested in releasing any old kung fu rubbish any loger but have to cause it cost me money and i ned to make it back.

i wanted a chow yun fat movie but they did not have eng dub for it so i was forced to buy this movie

• Like 1

i recently bought the rights to this .it was in a package with the angel movies.killer angels,angels terminator etc.

will be releasing shanghai 13 soon in south africa.widescreen

i asked a member of this board to send me viewing copy to check if it ws worth getting .

wasnt interested in releasing any old kung fu rubbish any loger but have to cause it cost me money and i ned to make it back.

i wanted a chow yun fat movie but they did not have eng dub for it so i was forced to buy this movie

it's tough at the top :angel:
  • Like 1

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I do not know if this was mentioned.

http://asianactioncinema.co.uk/shanghai-13-dvd-review/

shanghai-13.jpg

Terracotta Distribution have released this classic Chang Cheh directed Kung fu movie for the first time on DVD in the UK. The film revolves around Mr Gao (Chiang Ming) who uncovers a treacherous plan that will surrender China to the invading Japanese forces.

With the help of the famous thief Black Hat (Jimmy Wang Yu), he steals the plans and intends to expose the treacherous acts of key government officials. But his actions target him for assassination by the treacherous Government official Hung Xu Wu (Seung Fung).

Gao must get to Hong Kong and the only men who can help him get there are the team of highly skilled fighters assembled by Shen Gang-fu (Chen Kuan-tai), these skilled fighters known as the Shanghai 13 do all they can to get Mr Gao to safety at any cost.

The plot is paper thin but the film is saved by the amazing cast of famous fighting stars from the classic days of Hong Kong cinema. To name a few look out for Andy Lau, Chen Hsing, Ti Lung, David Chiang, Chen Kuan Tai, Chiang Sheng and many more!

S13

The movie is really just a show-reel for the fighters as each one is introduced and has a normally bloody fight scene until it moves onto the next one. Shanghai 13 is not a great film but it is a Kung fu movie fans dream with hardly a minute going by without some sort of action. Turn your brain off , sit back and enjoy Shanghai 13.

Terracotta have done a great job of releasing this rare film (contrary to popular belief it is not a Shaw Brothers production) and the presentation is good. Widescreen anamorphic picture, although a bit washed out is clean and free from dirt and scratches. Audio is great with two choices the original Cantonese or an awful English dub. Subtitles are ok, a few grammatical errors were noticed but not bad enough to distract from the film. (One of the characters played by Leung Kar Yan is called “Beardy” in the subtitles, a name given to the actor by fans around the world!). Extras are two short interviews , one with Lu Feng and another with Sonny Yu, both are interesting and a great addition. PAL FORMAT / REGION 2.

GD Y-Y

• Like 1

I do not know if this was mentioned.

http://asianactioncinema.co.uk/shanghai-13-dvd-review/

shanghai-13.jpg

Terracotta Distribution have released this classic Chang Cheh directed Kung fu movie for the first time on DVD in the UK. The film revolves around Mr Gao (Chiang Ming) who uncovers a treacherous plan that will surrender China to the invading Japanese forces.

With the help of the famous thief Black Hat (Jimmy Wang Yu), he steals the plans and intends to expose the treacherous acts of key government officials. But his actions target him for assassination by the treacherous Government official Hung Xu Wu (Seung Fung).

Gao must get to Hong Kong and the only men who can help him get there are the team of highly skilled fighters assembled by Shen Gang-fu (Chen Kuan-tai), these skilled fighters known as the Shanghai 13 do all they can to get Mr Gao to safety at any cost.

The plot is paper thin but the film is saved by the amazing cast of famous fighting stars from the classic days of Hong Kong cinema. To name a few look out for Andy Lau, Chen Hsing, Ti Lung, David Chiang, Chen Kuan Tai, Chiang Sheng and many more!

S13

The movie is really just a show-reel for the fighters as each one is introduced and has a normally bloody fight scene until it moves onto the next one. Shanghai 13 is not a great film but it is a Kung fu movie fans dream with hardly a minute going by without some sort of action. Turn your brain off , sit back and enjoy Shanghai 13.

Terracotta have done a great job of releasing this rare film (contrary to popular belief it is not a Shaw Brothers production) and the presentation is good. Widescreen anamorphic picture, although a bit washed out is clean and free from dirt and scratches. Audio is great with two choices the original Cantonese or an awful English dub. Subtitles are ok, a few grammatical errors were noticed but not bad enough to distract from the film. (One of the characters played by Leung Kar Yan is called “Beardy” in the subtitles, a name given to the actor by fans around the world!). Extras are two short interviews , one with Lu Feng and another with Sonny Yu, both are interesting and a great addition. PAL FORMAT / REGION 2.

GD Y-Y

It was mentioned...IN THE POST DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS.

Secret Executioner
It was mentioned...IN THE POST DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS.

Well... One had to click the link to see that. :tongue:

More seriously, copying and pasting the review without even mentionning the source isn't that cool in my book. :squigglemouth:

• Like 1

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Well... One had to click the link to see that. :tongue:

More seriously, copying and pasting the review without even mentionning the source isn't that cool in my book. :squigglemouth:

MY bad.

Thanks for the correction in my posting skills.

The review was from this:

ASIAN ACTION CINEMA

Here is the link again.

GD Y-Y

• Like 1