Shanghai 13 (1985)

Guest gfanikf

Biiiiiiigg thanks to Akuma for this and thanks to the seeders. Its beautiful.

Yes indeed. Watching it right now on my 40" Sony and the print is very clean. Few minor scratches here and there but otherwise very nice. Like Akuma mentioned: Mandarin, Cantonese and English audio tracks plus white or yellow subtitles (either in picture or on black bar) so you have four options. Even the credits (which are in Chinese on the print) are subtitled into English. A++++ :bigsmile:

• Like 1

For those don't do torrents, I'm sure this will be in circulation within the trader's circle in a matter of weeks; if not days. Akuma has made this free for all, so I hope no one pays for a copy. I've made a few copies for people and have requested they reciprocate by paying-it-forward. If everyone does this, like I said, it should be easy to pick up in a trade.

As for the cover, there's a GoldenSwallow custom @ SC36 already and Bob will probably post his rendering here for everyone. Again, free for all.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
I got my copy today! Thank you, Teako170! I can't wait to give it a watch this weekend.

Whoa, wait a minute, I'm confused....did you get a copy of this on DVD!?

• Like 1

Great job on the custom....nice to see widescreen and subtitled. Film is pretty poor in my opinion but its made up for by lots of great fight scenes with so many famous faces!

• Like 1

• Administrator
the beardy fight was bad as in Great! Wish he had more time..

Agreed! Beardy shows up, wooing a roomful of ladies, sporting a hip white suit, then cleans house against Lu Feng and a dozen of his cronies! I watched this scene 7 times in a row. :tongue:

Big props to you guys for this excellent custom. Fantastic work!!! :bigsmile:

I enjoyed finally seeing this in all it's widescreen glory. And the subs work? Perfect! I watched it dubbed, but with the subs on. LOL:wink:

• Like 1

the beardy fight was bad as in Great! Wish he had more time..

6GhE3O3MDpE

Yes in English, and yes uploaded in late Dec. You guys are late to the party.

• Like 1

Another case of BEARDY CHARISMA OVERLOAD

Ol' Beardy vs Lu Feng and then Andy were (for me) the highlight of this flick.

Shame they felt the need to undercrank the final fights.

When ya got talent like that, there's no need to cheese it up.

• Like 1

• Administrator
Ol' Beardy vs Lu Feng and then Andy were (for me) the highlight of this flick.

Ditto on the Andy Lau fight. Even surrounded by the big Shaw Brothers stars of the era, his fight still stood out big time. Crackling good scene!

Shame they felt the need to undercrank the final fights.

When ya got talent like that, there's no need to cheese it up.

That was very odd. I was a tiny bit sad to see that at first. But then fortunately, I forgot about it as I became completely captivated by the action (several times in a row :nerd:). Ti Lung takes off his sweater and ties the sleeves around his neck, preppy-in-college-style, and STILL manages to be ultra cool! You know you're looking at a cool dude when they manage to pull that shit off. :tongue: I went rewind crazy watching this film.

• Like 1

Thanks spannick and everyone else here for providing all the info on this dvd release.

I bought the japanese dvd from Yesasia. It's one of my fav movies and I always said to myself if it were released officially widescreen and dvd quality I would buy it. I became a big fan of Ricky Cheng Tin Chee after seeing him in Five Elements Ninjas and he was awesome here as the main villain doing some crazy acrobatic moves.

No subs but I'm not fussed as I've bought releases before on video and dvd which weren't in english or didn't have eng subs. It was pretty expensive costing over £30 but it's not like there are regular kungfu releases nowadays so I won't be doing this all the time. And I bought the japanese dvds for Heart of the Dragon and many of the Angela Mao movies. If I done it for them I can do it for Shanghai 13.

• Like 1

Any idea when or where the rest of us can possibly get this custom copy of Shanghai 13? Has anyone taken the helm to provide a DVD-R for those interested in a physical copy? I'm in no hurry but just wanted to throw it out there so no one gets left out...

• Like 1

Shaolin Patriot
Any idea when or where the rest of us can possibly get this custom copy of Shanghai 13? Has anyone taken the helm to provide a DVD-R for those interested in a physical copy? I'm in no hurry but just wanted to throw it out there so no one gets left out...

I second that. I have no problem paying for the disc and postage. If there is a main contact, I can send a private message to discuss the details. I would certainly appreciate your time & efforts on this.

• Like 1

• Administrator

I second that. I have no problem paying for the disc and postage. If there is a main contact, I can send a private message to discuss the details. I would certainly appreciate your time & efforts on this.

Hey guys. The people that created this didn't even make hard copies available. It's not now, and wasn't ever meant to be for sale. Fans made it for fans. It's networking it's way to a mailbox near you. I've shared this a bunch and so has Teako (and I'm certain many others here on the forum have too). So the people that we sent it to (some will have it in the next few days) should pay it forward to others, and so on...

Please be patient, and good things will come. :nerd:

• Like 1

Shaolin Chamber 36

Paying it forward is the way to go in 2013 with all these great kung fu movies made available.

The day thuglife released this on ADC, I posted on Facebook that it was available, and for any of those not into the whole "downloading" thing wanted a copy, for them to PM me their mailing info, and I would gladly mail them a copy, and I had sent out over a dozen copies already, US residents only. Cost was only 65 cents to mail each disc, I did not ask for anything in return, not even postage or disc cost.

This trend will continue, as long as I am able to do it. :)

Let us all enjoy the Fu together. Any of my Shaolin brothers or sisters need help in obtaining a movie, please let me know.

Buddha Bless You.

• Like 1