Opinions on these movies?

Drunken Monk

I just wanted some opinions on these movies. I don't often see them talked about and was tempted to buy them.

Hard Bastard

Buddha's Palm & Dragon Fist

Drunken Arts and Crippled Fist

Duel of the Ultimate Weapons

Abbot White

Arhats in Fury

Thank you.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What version of Abbot White were you going to get? The dubbed one? From what I've heard the dubbed one is terrible, you can hear the original dialogue under the dubbing and it's pretty bad. You're better off with the subbed version, but even then it's only a so so movie. The best part is the monk detaching his arm to kill people with.

Can't help you with the rest of the titles sorry.

TheManInWhite

Of the two Lee Yi Min titles (Buddha's Palm and Drunken Arts), Buddha's Palm is the better film IMO. He co-stars with Chi Kuan Chun. And the villain is pretty good also (the guy who played Long Axe in Kid with the Golden Arm).

Morgoth Bauglir

The 2 best movies have been mentioned.

Buddha's Palm and Dragon Fist is a nonstop shape fest. I counted something like 11 major fight scenes.

Ahrats in fury is a good, almost great wushu movie. Kind of a weird, and it may take a few viewings to fully understand, but a powerful movie that is well worth watching more than once.

Hard Bastard and Duel of Ultimate Weapns are worth checking out if you are a big Hwang Jang Lee fan. Bad movies, but I enjoyed them.

Thank you gentlemen.

I had heard bad things about the Abbot White dub track but wasn't sure if it was that bad. Considering the movie isn't wonderful, maybe I'll put that off until a later purchase.

I saw a clip from Hard Bastard showing Hwang Jang Lee in massive, bell bottom flares. That could be worth the price alone.

Thanks for the confirmation on BPDF and Arhats in Fury. I think I'll pick them up.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I saw a clip from Hard Bastard showing Hwang Jang Lee in massive, bell bottom flares. That could be worth the price alone.

It is...!

I lost my copy, but im bying this movie again... the outfits and haircuts alone is worth it!

ironfistedmonk

Hard Bastard - rubbish! 3/10

Buddha's Palm & Dragon Fist - great shapes 8/10

Drunken Arts and Crippled Fist - decent shapes 7/10

Duel of the Ultimate Weapons - meh - 5/10

Abbot White - meh again! - 5/10

Arhats in Fury - decent mainland 7/10

Archived