Question about the Sam the Iron Bridge trilogy

Morgoth Bauglir

Morgoth Bauglir

I just got Sam the Iron Bridge and One Arm Hero, and I really want to watch these movies, but I'm wondering how important it is to watch the first movie in the series first, White Lotus Cult.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2nd part kind of flows out of the first. It introduces you to the characters & sets up their relationships. Sam has a romantic interest & their story begings in the first part. White Lotus Cult was alright movie. I liked it. It almost had the feel of a Mainland film. Is there a reason you wanted to skip the first part?

I thought of these movies as a poor version of the OUATIC trilogy with very forgettable characters, especially Iron Bridge himself. Still worth checking out as it has some decent action choreographed by Kuo Chui. (Quite wiry though). You should probably check out White Lotus Cult first as it introduces some of the characters from the second movie and shows how Sam learns his kung fu.

• Administrator

I'm with Haz and Endsang.

If the OUATIC movies are the A list, these are the B list. Entertaining, and certainly worth seeing- but not classics.

I wouldn't watch this series without watching the first one.

I've got it if you need it. ;)

Morgoth Bauglir

Thanks for the info. I will have to see the first one first it looks like. HAZ there is no reason I wanted to skip the first one. Somebody gave me these movies in a trade I did recently and I didn't realize they were part of a series until I looked them up on hkmdb.

The female lead in these films is very beautiful. Lily Li has a good role in the first part. The storyline was pretty clear & kept me interested enough. I'm surprised this doesn't get mentioned more often. I know its derivative of OUATIC, but its still a fun series.

Archived