Lost Souls on DVD

Winfred

The release date is Nov 4 and it gives us hope that there will be other new releases from Celestial if this title sells well.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's support this release by buying it. I have a reply from my Celestial exec friend this morning regarding future releases but it's in Mandarin and I need to get it translated.

If Celestial is using the sales of Lost Souls as a gauge for how well sales will do and it will therefore have to sell well in order for more DVD's to come out... then we might as well give up hope now. I can't think of a single worse title to sell to a large group of people than this. Not saying the film isn't good, but the subject matter is controversial, and it has some of the harshest scenes Shaw Brothers ever put on film (and no, not in a cool, gory, Boxer's Omen kind of way). This is from the guy who made Men Behind The Sun after all, and there's a lot of similar atrocities portrayed in this film. Most importantly, the film has no martial arts or big stars to advertise off of; I'm willing to bet a random Huangmei opera would sell better.

The translated message merely informed that more titles MAY be released on DVD next year. Not very helpful I must say.

I preordered at DDDhouse. I thought I'd help the cause. If it gets a few more DVDs released of movies we'd like to see I guess it's worth it. I'm ready to replace my VCD's of this anyway. When Image releases it I'll wait to hear about the picture quality before double dipping. I'm trying to stop the double dipping madness.

Money's tight, nothing free, won't somebody come and rescue me.

Shaolin Patriot
The release date is Nov 4 and it gives us hope that there will be other new releases from Celestial if this title sells well.

Both regions are listed on hkflix.com on pre-order status:

HK version (includes cover art) http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.548979/qx/details.htm

US version (no cover art) http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.548981/qx/details.htm

Shaolin Patriot
The translated message merely informed that more titles MAY be released on DVD next year. Not very helpful I must say.

I'd still like to see Pursuit of a Killer on DVD someday.

If this disc sells well enough to justify a second attempt on releasing the reminder of the restored catalogue, according to some Celestial bigwigs there will be new batches of currently lost Shaw classics such as “The Killer”, “The Black Enforcer” and others as early as Christmas 2008.

So please support by buying this release although many of my friends find this title repulsive and obscene.

However, they are willing to buy it as there are still so many unreleased titles they want on DVD.

Shaolin Patriot
If this disc sells well enough to justify a second attempt on releasing the reminder of the restored catalogue, according to some Celestial bigwigs there will be new batches of currently lost Shaw classics such as “The Killer”, “The Black Enforcer” and others as early as Christmas 2008.

So please support by buying this release although many of my friends find this title repulsive and obscene.

However, they are willing to buy it as there are still so many unreleased titles they want on DVD.

It still seems odd that IVL would gauge sales on just one DVD release. Regardless, I'll buy the region 3 disc instead of region 1, in the hopes that more will be released in the near future. We'll see!

. When Image releases it I'll wait to hear about the picture quality before double dipping. I'm trying to stop the double dipping madness.

MP, the image quality of IMAGE's discs has been consistent and will probably never improve. So looks like you will be double dipping next year:D

It's not cool to release one unpopular title and then say we'll only release more if people buy this!

Celestial is run by morons.

Archived