Question: What films feature the Beggars Clan?

SamuraiDana

Re-watching the BRAVE ARCHER films recently, I was reminded that I've always wondered which kung fu films were the first I saw featuring the Beggars Clan. I went through my notes and came up with the list below, but there are tons of kung fu films I saw B.C. (before computer) that I don't have notes on and the Beggars Clan scenes in BRAVE ARCHER 2 always seemed downright familiar to me from somewhere else.

So, aside from the films listed below, can anyone think of other films that featured the Beggars Clan?

Thanks.

Beggars Clan films

Shaw:

BRAVE ARCHER series of films, esp. BA2

THE GOLDEN SWORD (1969)

LADY OF STEEL (1969)

MURDER PLOT (1979)

RENDEZVOUS WITH DEATH (1980)

THE ENCHANTRESS (1984)

Non-Shaw:

WU TANG SACRED FIST, aka INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN KUNG FU (1979)

aka SECRET OF SHAOLIN KUNG FU, aka BUTTERFLY 18, aka SACRED FIST

THE STOMP (1979) aka SECRET MESSAGE, aka NINJA MASSACRE.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember them having pretty prominent roles in Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin and Game of Killers (not to be confused with Green Jade Statuette).

Morgoth Bauglir
If memory serves me correct, A Sword Named Revenge has someone from the Beggars Clan

I don't know how anyone could possibly remember anything about that movie:p:p

I don't know how anyone could possibly remember anything about that movie:p:p

It was allright. Nothing to write home about

Kuo Choi's character in 10 Tigers of Kwantung is actually Beggar Su.

Was there any connection between Beggar Su and the Beggars Clan? I've heard of Beggar Su, but I don't recall which films the character was in, and the character's not in any of the films I cited that had the Beggars Clan in them.

I love Beggar movies.

Beggar Su was a real life person who was one of the real Ten Tigers of Kwangtung and a great pole fighter. he lived on the outskirts of towns thus being called king of beggars etc.

There was a trio of Beggar Su movies put out in the 50's called: Beggar Named Su, The Swordsman and the Lady, and Revenge of a Beggar Named Su

Simon Yuen played Beggar Su in Drunken Master, Dance of the Drunken Mantis, Story of the Drunken Master, World of the Drunken Master, and Snake in the Eagle's Shadow which yall already know.

other beggar movies i can think of are:

didn't LKL play Su in Heroes of the East?

CYF played him in the TV show Legend of the Master Su<-- think i still got it

A Hero Among Heroes 1993

Legend Of The Drunken Tiger 1991

King of Beggars 1992

Kung Fu Beggar the tv show 2005-2006? put out by tai seng<-- sorry not much help on this one. i'd bought it before i was in a car wreck which cost me some vision and i can't really read subs now so i couldn't follow it

I love Beggar movies.

Beggar Su was a real life person who was one of the real Ten Tigers of Kwangtung and a great pole fighter. he lived on the outskirts of towns thus being called king of beggars etc.

There was a trio of Beggar Su movies put out in the 50's called: Beggar Named Su, The Swordsman and the Lady, and Revenge of a Beggar Named Su

Simon Yuen played Beggar Su in Drunken Master, Dance of the Drunken Mantis, Story of the Drunken Master, World of the Drunken Master, and Snake in the Eagle's Shadow which yall already know.

A Hero Among Heroes 1993

King of Beggars 1992

Kung Fu Beggar the tv show 2005-2006? put out by tai seng<-- sorry not much help on this one. i'd bought it before i was in a car wreck which cost me some vision and i can't really read subs now so i couldn't follow it

[NOTE TO SELF: Beggar Su = Drunken Master, Beggar Su = Drunken Master, Drunken Master = Beggar Su, Drunken Master = Beggar Su.

Oh, and Chun Li is in STREET FIGHTER II, not DRAGON BALL. Never mind where that comes from. :S]

(And I only recently re-watched DRUNKEN MASTER and SNAKE IN THE EAGLE'S SHADOW.)

Some of the films mentioned in this thread are ones I'd not previously heard of, so I looked them up on IMDB:

GAME OF KILLERS - a Taiwan production, but not much info

YOUNG VAGABOND - a Shaw film I don't have. And Lau Kar Leung is in it, per the review on IMDB. Did this come out on disc from Celestial?

A SWORD NAMED REVENGE - no listing on IMDB. Is it known by another title?

Thanks.

Killer Meteor

Beggar Su isn't in Snake in The Eagle's Shadow

I love Beggar movies.

A Hero Among Heroes 1993

King of Beggars 1992

Secret of shaolin kung fu - Lee Yi Min plays leader of the beggar gang also Sammo plays the beggar detective in Knockabout.

Wasn't the character in SITES a snake fist master & not Beggar So?

Archived