Mandarin Films plans Donnie Yen's next

Milkyway

Visiting Longyou Grottoes, Raymond Wong Reveals Plan to Produce One Actioner and One Comedy Per Year

Raymond Wong has been traversing all over Zhejiang of late. Recently, he completed the filming of All's Well that Ends Well 2009 in Hangzhou and Thousand Island Lake. And a few days ago, Raymond Wong arrived in Longyou, Zhejiang to scout locations for his next work.

Raymond Wong, who visited Longyou Grottoes for the first time, was intrigued, "Just now, while sightseeing, I was racking my brain, wondering how the grottoes were built, and for what purpose. But I couldn't think of any answers."

On the other hand, it's this sense of mystery that gives Raymond Wong inspirations, "I've come here to find inspirations for a film I'm doing next year. In the recent years, I've been to various locales throughout Mainland, looking for inspirations. This year, I went to Foshan and Thousand Island Lakes, and Ip Man and All's Well that Ends Well 2009 came about. From now onwards, I plan to shoot at least one action film and one comedy each year."

Sun Peng, producer of All's Well that Ends Well 2009, who's accompanying Raymond Wong, revealed, "This will tentatively be used as an outdoor location for Donnie Yen's next big-budget period action film. With such magnificent location, coupled with various mysteries and legends surrounding Longyou Grottoes, it'll be no less shattering than... The Myth."

Seeing that Sun Peng had already let the cat out of the bag, Raymond Wong continued, "If we were to shoot a period action comedy, I might even take part as an actor, with I doing drama/comedy and Donnie Yen doing action."

http://www.wu-jing.org/happenings/archives/575-Visiting-Longyou-Grottoes,-Raymond-Wong-Reveals-Plan-to-Produce-One-Actioner-and-One-Comedy-Per-Year.html

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he does that proposed Chen Zhen project with Gordon Chan first, and then another modern day cop action film with Wilson Yip!

I'm still wondering how Donnie Yen will top Ip Man. I just can't think of a better movie to do than one about Bruce Lee's master.

Archived