Tentative Specs. for Life Gamble & Opium (BCI)

Shaolin Patriot

Shaolin Patriot

Added today to hkflix.com are the tentative specs. (and special features) for the first two BCI releases. Information below is the same for Standard Def and Blu-Ray formats.

HK FLIX NOTE: BCI is hoping to include the original English dub only if they are able to locate acceptable source materials, they will manually confirm the contents of the disc once it is in stock.

Life Gamble

- English mono audio (still TBD)

- Anamorphic 2.35:1

- Audio commentary with Robert Tai & Lee Yi Min (moderated by Toby Russell)

- New interviews with Lo Meng, Ku Feng, Lee Yi Min, Shu Pei

- Ric Meyers liner notes

- Trailers

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.548649/qx/details.htm

Opium & the Kung Fu Master

- English mono audio (still TBD)

- Anamorphic 2.35:1

- New interviews with Chen Kuan Tai, Lee Hoi San, Mai Te Lo

- Ric Meyers liner notes

- Trailers

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.548657/qx/details.htm

Thanks to Cliff at BCI for listening to what fans want. I look forward to two great releases! :)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything was going great until the Ric Meyers Liner notes. But seriously, nice to see the interviews lined up for these releases

Everything was going great until the Ric Meyers Liner notes. But seriously, nice to see the interviews lined up for these releases

Yeah, it seems a little off putting that he is going to be on there. I swear he says one bad thing about Linn and I will hunt his fat ass down like Lucio Fulci possessed me :). Still, besides that the specs look excellent and are a tribute to the hard work of Cliff, Mike, and Toby. Still, I'm hoping Robert Tai doesn't bitch about Cheng Cheh. A little less bitter Robert, will go a long way :). Still, that commentary came out of left field, who knows what could be in store for HK Godfathers.

Morgoth Bauglir

WOW!!! I had no plans on buying Life Gamble, but I need to hear that commentary! And the interviews look good too!

Celestial has a proper English dub for Life Gamble. The jury's still out re Opium & the KF Master.

Linn told me they had one. I was pretty surprised, but I mean look whats coming out of storage now.

Shaolin Patriot

Yeah, and as long as he doesn't actually conduct the interviews. I would imagine that might be Toby Russell himself (as he'd done for a few other interviews for BCI). Let's hope so.

Yeah, and as long as he doesn't actually conduct the interviews. I would imagine that might be Toby Russell himself (as he'd done for a few other interviews for BCI). Let's hope so.

Yeah, if it's Toby or Mike, then really there isn't much to worry about.

Audio commentary with Robert Tai & Lee Yi Min? Wow! Best Kung fu movie related news I've heard in a long time. Too bad it's not a film they had more of an important part in, like Incredible Kung Fu Mission or Mystery of Chessboxing (one can dream). At least we'll get to hear some interesting first hand stories about the Shaw Brothers Studio and the actors. Oh yeah, and I cant wait to hear how Robert Tai was single-handedly responsible for the great choreography in all martial arts films from the 70's onwards (love the guy, but he has a bit of an ego).

Guest Markgway
Audio commentary with Robert Tai & Lee Yi Min (moderated by Toby Russell)

That's out of left field. I hope Toby makes an effort to sound less, erm, drowsy on this commentary. He makes Marlon Brando sound like Rex Harrison.

Ric Meyers liner notes

Oh dear!

correct me if i'm wrong but did not linn say that all of the bci tittles would include english dubs---for sure i remember him stating that opium and the kung fu master would have an original old school dub and bci had the complete dub to LIFE GAMBLE---also did not bci themselves say all tittles would either include an original dub or a new english dub if an original didn't exist.

Word up! Looks like these be great releases. I really hope the English Dubs are included.

Wow! It will be great to listen to the Robert Tai & Li Yi Min commentary. This is fantastic news, I hope BCI can get a few more old skool KF stars to do commentaries. It's a shame they had to hire the likes of Ric Meyers to do liner notes. I'll probably read it to see what kind of nonsense he wrote and then it's going in the trash can. :D

tantao3-son of tantao2

Great to hear: good ol' Ric is back...nothing goes wrong now...would be great if Ric would post on this forum...

btw where does this Ric hate come from?

Great to hear: good ol' Ric is back...nothing goes wrong now...would be great if Ric would post on this forum...

From him being a hack. Do a search on Ric Meyers in this forum and you will find a bevy of Ric Meyerisms.

TibetanWhiteCrane
Why do people keep hiring that fat hack???? It's ridiculous, it makes me not want to support them.

Me too, im not buying them for that reason alone!

From him being a hack. Do a search on Ric Meyers in this forum and you will find a bevy of Ric Meyerisms.

Yet alone what he said about Linn after he died.

Take your pick, from all the mis-information he's given over the years, the fact he can't even be bothered to learn how to pronounce peoples names, spreading rumors of Lau Kar Leung death (a man I respect way beyond his films), and as gfanikf stated, his comments on Linn's obituary, which is the slimest, lowest, bottom of the barrel scum.

Us KF fans that actually care for these films deserve better if we're to spend our hard earned money, and it high time we make a stand on this.

If you are referring to that Variety Asia online post in the comments section then that's not conclusive evidence that it was him posting. Any moron could have made up a fictitious name and posted that nonsense.

If you are referring to that Variety Asia online post in the comments section then that's not conclusive evidence that it was him posting. Any moron could have made up a fictitious name and posted that nonsense.

Except, I confirmed it was him with three different people. It was him, no doubt. The three people are those I greatly respect and trust.

Personally, I don't think Meyers really made those comments but somebody using a username masquerading as him. Not taking anything away from all the unbelievable stories Meyers has perpetuated over the years, but some time back, I had received a defensive email from an individual that posts here and that persons email was oddly similar to the one posted a short time after on that site in regards to Linn Haynes. Unless somebody can prove without a shadow of a doubt that Meyers made that post, I don't think it was him, but instead this other person trying to rally a mob against him.

Even still, I think Meyers should not be allowed to do such jobs anymore especially in light of his "synopsis's" he submitted for the IVL Shaw DVD's. Irregardless of what wild tales he has spun in the past, his credentials, as suspect as they may be, are what keeps getting him these jobs.

Except, I confirmed it was him with three different people. It was him, no doubt. The three people are those I greatly respect and trust.

Ah, I see oldeschool beat me to it. ;)

Anyways, who are these three people? Just because three people "said he did it" doesn't mean he did it. Isn't this what you would call inconclusive evidence?

Archived