Fist of Legend or Drunken Master II?

Iron_Leopard

ironfistedmonk

If LKL had stayed onboard it would have been DM 2, but the 2 big dogs couldn't both run the pack so out went the maestro and in came JC going mental (yet again :cry:) to ruin the end fight. Fist of Legend for me, just a more rounded story and better acted.

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane
If LKL had stayed onboard it would have been DM 2, but the 2 big dogs couldn't both run the pack so out went the maestro and in came JC going mental (yet again :cry:) to ruin the end fight. Fist of Legend for me, just a more rounded story and better acted.

RUIN THE END FIGHT???:o Different strokes.....

Not sure which one is the best in my opinion, but I've probably seen Fist of Legend like 10 times more than LOTDM 2, so it definately has a better rewatching value.

• Like 1

Drunken Master II. Both are great but, Jackie Chan, Anita Mui, Ti Lung and the incredible end fight with Ken Lo does it for me. Fist of Legend is Jet Li's best movie, IMO, and probably my favorite Jet film, but Jackie's/Lau Kar Leung's choreography is more inticate and simply breathtaking. Both are 5 star kf flics.

• Like 1

Drunken master 2 story lets it down,would love to see what else was filmed and not shown in finished print.like the prison fight which was supposed to be longer.

• Like 1

I love both movies. But my personal favorite has to be Fist of Legend, i feel it's an overall better movie. DM2 i just see it for the fights, that's it.

• Like 1

Chinatown Kid

I have to say I really loved Ken Lo's skills as the superkicker baddie in DM 2, it's a shame he never looked as good as he did in that film.

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir

I like the action in Fist of Legend more. But the reason is partly because it is a better overall movie. Gordon Chan's directing greatly enhances the fights. Because of the acting and the directing, that's a big reason why I like the action in Fist of Legend more. And it's probably also because I'm a huge Billy Chow fan. He couldn't have given a better performance and is perfect for that role. And then you have Jet Li giving a great acting performance... I guess what I'm saying is that I like the tone in Fist of Legend more than Drunken Master 2. To me a better movie in every way. And it's not like I don't like comedies. The dubbed version of Young Master is my favorite Jackie movie.

• Like 1

I'll take both any day of the week, but if I had to choose one it would be Drunken Master II. As others have said, the supporting cast just really clicked like no other Chan movie. Plus, I don't think I'll ever see something that made me feel so awe-struck as the last 30 minutes did for me.

• Like 1

prometheus126

have to go with fist of legend on the account that it actually talked on the subject of chinese/japanese relations. in most chinese films, the japanese are monsters who usually slaughter people ruthlessly and even in fists of fury it showed the japanese in nothing but a bad light. in fist of legend though, it showed the japanese as human beings and some chinese as bigoted. also, it wasn't afraid to show a japanese fighter winning a fight against a chinese fighter (jet and kuratas fight.)

drunken master 2 is an amazing work and easily one of jackie chans best films but it was pure entertainment while fist of legend had a message behind it's awesome action. so I have to go with fist of legend.

• Like 1

Their both classics of the genre but which one do you prefer over the other?

it really is quite the difficult choice because my preference of either film changes over the years. Drunken Master II is remarkable for the Jackie Chan / Ken Lo confrontation in that warehouse.

• Like 1

I'd love to see the fights that were cut from DM2. I bet there's a whole vault of unseen LKL choreographed action from that film that'll never see the light of day.

• Like 1