A Chang Cheh Masterpiece. Brothers Five.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I saw this many years ago on a bad VHS what a differance with the new print. Night and day.

Riviting action, great story, only the ending was a little cheezy.

I have not seen a revue by Mark on this movie.

One of the GREATEST sword movies I ever saw.

Only one scene seemed a bit over cranked.

Simply a wonderful kung fu movie.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah good movie. Hard not to like it with all the sweet fights. Even Sammo gets a decent fight. And Lo Wei directed this. Another good one kinda like this is Shadow Whip.

So, should this thread be titled: A Lo Wei Masterpiece. Brothers Five.?

Just curious. :l

Chang Cheh had nothing to do with this movie. The original poster was confused. The movie is directed by Lo Wei.

I liked this the least of any Shaw Brothers movie I've seen with "Five" in the title: "Five Shaolin Masters", "Five Super Ninjas", "Savage Five", "Five Superfighters". Didn't even bother to get the R1 release, but maybe I should revisit this movie?

When Lo Wei went over to Golden Harvest, he made a similar film entitled THE INVINCIBLE EIGHT, which may have been his first at GH. Angela Mao is one of the eight and some Shaw actors are part of it as well (Tang Ching, Li Kun). But it's not nearly as good as BROTHERS FIVE, which had a stronger cast plus fight direction by Hsu Er Niu (Simon Hsu). Cheng Pei Pei leads the cast of B5, but the five are played by Yueh Hua, Chang Yi, Lo Lieh, Chin Han, and Kao Yuen. Not a bad bunch, eh? Plus, it's got great villains: Tien Feng, Ku Feng (with red hair and beard!), and Wang Hsieh. One of the more enjoyable swordplay films I've seen from Shaw.

Morgoth Bauglir

Did anyone notice Sammo in this movie? I thought by mentioning his name in my post above that someone would have responded. Well, if you didn't notice him, watch the movie again. He doesn't die easy. Four people have to hold him down. Sammo was a badass even back in 1970.XD

Archived