Bruceploitation appreciation thread!!!

edher_M.A.

There's no doubt that rock solid info on this flick, as far as the net goes, is thin on the ground, to say the least.

I REALLY hope someone can come up with a copy.

I will not rest until I find one!

If any of you guys do happen to find a copy - or any more info. - please pm me!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bruceleeclones

IMDB isnt exactly the most accurate resource for these sort of films. Until i see otherwise, I still just think its a American re-title.

You're spot on - IMDB is very patchy when it comes to Asian movies.

I have feeling Re-Enter... is indeed an re-name, but Enter Another Dragon is a real film - but where is it??!

:P

I reckon it could well be the case with at least one of these, for example, Bruce Le and Lo Lieh made a sequel to Big Boss and there is trailers for that proving it is a real film, but it has dissappeared from all existence.

It seems like some of these had limited distribution or none at all, probably locked up in some archive or studio vault.

Anyways, is Dragon Shek modern bruceploitation?

you know i appreciated dragon shek in real bruce lee 2 and trinity goes east (more the second title because of my love of all things related to the spaghetti western genre) in trinity, shek didnt mug like lee as much....not saying they are great films, just saying he didnt look too bad

Morgoth Bauglir

Anyways, is Dragon Shek modern bruceploitation?

Correct. According to hkcinemagic.com Dragon sek started acting in 1998. The only movie I've seen where he really gets to show off his skills is in Trinity Goes East (which for some reason isn't listed on hkcinemagic, even though it has John Liu, Robert Tai and Steve tartalia). There's a lot of stunt doubling for Sek for high flying kicks and acrobatics, but when they show his face it is clear he has skill. It's too bad that the majority of the movies he is in are REALLY bad. I would like to see more of him. I'll have to check out that Real Bruce Lee 2 jiujitsu77 mentioned.

and on another note.....i would love to see more "modern" bruceploitation....seriously

I would too. Have you seen Dragon In Fury? If you haven't, then don't go near it. Possibly the worst movie ever made. And that's true Dragon Sek didn't do much Bruce mugging in Trinity Goes East. Would have made the movie even stupider than it already was, so good move by the director. I had a lot of fun watching that movie.

bruceleeclones

Theres quite a few of Dragon Sek's movies that have yet to get released, including Hero the Great with Carter Wong. I liked Reurn of Dragon with him, and Dragon the master wasnt too bad.

i like the old clone movies but i don`t see the need for new ones,they could make cgi animation, that would do more justice to the man,i don`t mean cgi mixed with real people thats lame,i mean like final fantasy.

Way of the Dragon

that could be quite cool, if they make it look mega realistic like what they did with the Final Fantasy movie. nice idea makone.

Killer Meteor

I find CGI to be rather poor at making realistic people, it tends to look rather odd. I'd much rather see a traditional cel animated film

either way, in the 70`s & 80`s we had clone movies,which i have fond memories of but the fact that these guy`s resembeld bruce lee was the only reason (for a few of them anyway)that they got to make films,but not one of them could fight like him,(except for bruce li in one fight scene in fof 3)animation can recreate his style by digital mapping his fights,training footage etc. so what you would see is really bruce lee motion configured however they want,not the real bl but better than what anybody has done.

Way of the Dragon

watched Story of the Dragon with Bruce Li last night. That was a good film, loved him when he was using the nunchaku.

There was a CGI Bruce Lee project called Dragon Warrior in the works. The test footage looks decent.

I'll check out some Dragon Sek flicks too. Thanks for the information on those since I didn't know anything about them.

hey guys if you can take a moment at the thread i posted in general discussion about the clones documentary...please...i really would like your input

Chinatown Kid

I'm curious about what you guys thought about Danny Lee in Bruce Lee and I aka Bruce Lee:His last Days, His Last Nights. I know the overall film was crap but I thought Danny looked suprisingly decent in his fight scenes, especially the dojo fight scene and the fight with the thugs in the desert. Seems he had the skills to do fighting roles if he had wanted too but didn't seem interested in going in that direction. Later he became known as playing the quentissential HK cop/detective.

Archived