Last Hurrah for Chivalry DVD Review

Guest gfanikf

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest killer meteor
. However, this is really not something that can be blamed on Dragon Dynasty, as the previous dub was created by Media Asia when they owned the rights to the Fortune Star collection and thus was not owned by Fortune Star.

I don't think this is the case. GH created and owned the original dubs, and FS have used them at least twice, with Game Of Death II (understandably), The Prodigal Son and the Bruce Lee films. The new dubs FS have provided were also there in the HKL/Media Asia days, but HKL only used them when the original did not fit. I see no reason why we can't have the original dubs if companies at least bothered to ask

Guest morgoth

Am I the only one who noticed that the picture flashes during the entire movie? It is like a white flashiness, but I don't really know how to explain it. It is not nearly as big of a deal as the Police Story 1 release from DD, but it is still noticeable.

Guest morgoth

Yeah, it is too good of a movie to pay attention to it the whole time. By the end of the movie i had forgotten about it.

And just on a side note, did anyone see the LAst Hurrah original trailer included on the disc? I thought it sucked. Not nearly as good as the Shaw trailers.

Guest stormybman

Morgoth, I noticed the flashiness in the video when I watched this film yesterday... :rolleyes . I wondered what was with the picture. I'm thinking about investing in the HKL disc to see if it's a better print and remastering job overall.

"My name is Chen... I want your Master!!"

Guest kermit

There's a very slight flicker on the HKL but i wouldnt describe it as a 'white flash'. I had to look hard to spot it aswell.

Archived