Most UNDER-rated kung fu actor of all time

edher_M.A.

Chinatown Kid

I think Ho Chung Tao is underated, he was known as a famous Lee imitator under the name Bruce Li but the man was a pretty good martial artist and made some very good films, the man did have some charisma too. Carl Scott was a very good Martial artist as well and it's a shame he only did a few films before he got out of the industry. I think Kim Won Jin is underappreciated too, the man had awesome kicks and acrobatics.

Cognoscente

Leung Kar-Yan.

Bey Logan called him a one-note actor in his HKL AC for Odd Couple, but Leung did a commendable job in distinguishing himself with the characters that he played. It always blows my mind that it's the same guy we see in Warriors Two, Odd Couple, Knockabout and Thundering Mantis.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
20 minutes ago, Cognoscente said:

Leung Kar-Yan.

Bey Logan called him a one-note actor in his HKL AC for Odd Couple, but Leung did a commendable job in distinguishing himself with the characters that he played. It always blows my mind that it's the same guy we see in Warriors Two, Odd Couple, Knockabout and Thundering Mantis.

I don’t think Leung Kar Yan is underrated at all. He’s universally praised by kung fu cinema fans and, if anything, is considered an absolute legend of the genre.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
6 minutes ago, Cognoscente said:

But he never won an acting award during his heyday.

I suppose I read the thread title a little different from you. I didn’t read it as who’s the most underrated actor that stars in kung fu movies. 
Makes sense though.

• Like 1