Most UNDER-rated kung fu actor of all time

edher_M.A.

In response to the other thread, I wanted to know who you consider to be the must under-rated actor (actress) of all time? the one you feel doesn't get much praise despite having everything to earn it.

Morgoth Bauglir

I don't know why Vincent Zhao hasn't gotten beter roles in his career. I guess he spends too much time on TV? And I rarely see Chang Shan get talked about. He is decent.

I don't know why Vincent Zhao hasn't gotten beter roles in his career. I guess he spends too much time on TV? And I rarely see Chang Shan get talked about. He is decent.

I always like Chang Shan alot.

silver hermit

i agree with chan shan and i'll add chan wei man the most underrated actor.

chin kar lok is a underrated as for as action goes and i also agree with fan siu wong

Brigadier Chow

I agree with most all of the above, especially Chang Shan, Fan Siu Wong and Cliff Lok...but I pledge Champ Wang Kuan Hsiung to be another who highly underated. From bashers, to shapes all the way to the modern Triad actioners of the early 80's...this man has done it all.

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah Champ Wang I think is underrated. He kind of seems like he gets the roles that Roc Tien turned down, but he has skills. He was great in Horse Boxing Killer.

Morgoth Bauglir
Chu Ko. Probably the most versatile and skilled martial artist I've seen in a kung fu movie who's gotten the least screen time.

Shame he didn't get more screen time in his career. You are right. Have you see Rebellious Reign?

TheManInWhite

"Chu Ko. Probably the most versatile and skilled martial artist I've seen in a kung fu movie who's gotten the least screen time."

I agree when it comes to a martial artist that totally under the radar. Like Morgoth said, he's real good in Rebellious Reign. But once you put a weapon in his hand (i.e. Masked Avengers, Chinese Super Ninjas, Brave Archer 3) then he's really dangerous!

Han Kwok Choi

Tsui Siu Ming

Alan Chui

William Yen

Ben Lam

Dai Sai Aan

Wait.. I just realized this is a thread for the "most" under-rated kung fu actor of all time. Oh well, those are just some guys who I feel are underrated.

Morgoth Bauglir

All those guys have great skills, that's for sure, and they are definitely underrated. And I don't think they got enough good roles, except for maybe Alan Chui and Hon Kwok Choi. I just saw We Are Going To Eat You recently. Nice to see Hon Kwok Choi have a good role there alongside other great actors.

Shame he didn't get more screen time in his career. You are right. Have you see Rebellious Reign?

Nah I haven't. I didn't even know Chu Ko was in it. Only seen him in the venoms movies and 5EN, where he easily outshines everyone else. It was awesome to see him go up against Kuo Chui in Sword Stained With Royal Blood, and I still rate Chu Ko over him.

kungfusamurai

A lot of the guys mentioned, I think, have been given lots of props in threads over the years, so I'm not sure if they qualify as underrated. Unless the fact they haven't had lead roles makes them underrated?

The guy who stands out for me is Wong Yue. He usually isn't given much credit when films he's in are discussed, or he's criticized for his acting. Or he just doesn't get mentioned at all. To me, he's one of the more underrated on screen fighters.

KFS

The problem is that some posters want to go with underused instead of underrated. To me, they are definely not the same thing. Good call on Wong Yue, KFS. Looks like I might be adding to my list.

Han Kwok Choi

Tsui Siu Ming

Alan Chui

William Yen

Ben Lam

Dai Sai Aan

Wait.. I just realized this is a thread for the "most" under-rated kung fu actor of all time. Oh well, those are just some guys who I feel are underrated.

Yes, Tsui Siu Ming was amazing in Buddhist Fist - highly talented performer in my book. Also, Alan Chui....i liked him in most movies i've seen him in.