How are these movies?

CarterWong

Thinking about what to pick up when I get paid again and I'm considering some of these titles..

The Crane Fighter

13 Poles of Shaolin aka Monks Go Crazy

The Invincible Kung Fu Legs

Renegade Master

Are these worth having?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

I liked Invincible Kung Fu Legs. Chin Lung and Sun Jung Chi are underused, the comedy is annoying, though still good at times, there's some stupid fights with the Ding and Dong brothers, but still, there are some really good fights, especially the last 2.

Crane Fighter I thought was ok. Didn't blow me away or anything.

Renegade Master is decent at times, though I remember thinking it was a really bad movie (I haven't seen it in awhile). But Carter Wong gives one of his best fighting performances, so if you are big fan of his you may want to check it out.

I don't think I've seen 13 Poles of Shaolin

13 poles of shaolin is the best movie on that list - make sure to watch that. Invincible Kung Fu Legs is also good, like the others have said.

Thanks for your help guys. I'll probably be getting all of those when I get paid, although I may wait on Crane Fighter and get Queen Boxer instead since there's only 1 copy left at work.

Morgoth Bauglir

Don't get the Couch Video version of Queen Boxer. I think that's the name. I remember that DVD is super full frame.

Checked out the Queen Boxer we have at work and it isn't the sofa video version, but it IS in full-screen. It says the run time is 84 minutes. I suppose it is possible the quality will be the same as the sofa video version unless anyone else has anything to add. Queen Boxer doesn't seem to be available in widescreen so I guess this is my best (only) bet?

Mate, get Crane Fighter, so you can agree with me 2-1 over Morgoth that its a 5 star classic! I'll put my neck on the line and say it again: Crane Fighter is one of the best films ever made.

ironfistedmonk

I'm with Falkor Crane Fighters is the best one on your list, Leg Fighters has some good action but the comedy sucks. 13 Poles is another great film, check out Alan Hsu as the villain, the guy has some awesome moves, I didn't like Renegade Master that much but I'm not a fan of Carter Wong

Morgoth Bauglir

Ok I just realized 13 Poles is War of Shaolin Temple. I agree Alan Hsu is great as the villain. Also a nice role for Chia Kai.

Haha ok thanks everyone. I may just get Crane Fighter AND take a chance on Queen Boxer in full screen as well just because i can't decide anymore. x_x

Archived