"Wu Tang Collection" Titles & akas

Gaijin84

Another update - 5 Venoms vs Wu Tang looks to be an unofficial sequel to "Hello Dracula," with the same zombie kid character.

HKMDB entry

Both Lu Feng and Chiang Sheng appear in it, but its more of your standard Taoist (?) monks vs hopping vampires comedic fare. Not absolutely terrible, but not anything to write home about.

Ferocious Monk From Shaolin --> The Furious Monk from Shaolin (1974) w/Chen Sing

/QUOTE]

FEROCIOUS MONK FROM SHAOLIN is a completely different film from FURIOUS MONK FROM SHAOLIN. FEROCIOUS MONK... is actually THOU SHALT NOT KILL...BUT ONCE (1975). Chen Sing stars in both films. I was confused, too, but HKMDB cleared it up.

A quick update on an earlier issue... I found both the True Master and Dark Skinned Assassin tapes and were able to identify the movies:

True Master --> Ninja Swords of Death (1978) w/Roc Tien (as ID'd by odioustrident before)

Dark Skinned Assassin --> The Last Duel (1981) w/ self-directed Lung Yun

here are the backs of the tapes for anyone interested, kind of silly...

dark-skinned-assassin-back-1.jpgtrue-master-back-1.jpg

Finishing this up:

Snakefist of a Buddhist Dragon --> 1979, correct title

Magnificent Natural Fist --> 1981, correct title

Enter the Invincible Hero --> 1977, correct title

Little Superman --> 1975, correct title (Little Super Man)

10 Magnificent Killers --> 1977, correct title (Ten Magnificent Killers)

5 Element Kung Fu --> Adventure of Shaolin (1978) w/Polly Kwan

Ol' Dirty & the Bastard --> An Old Kung Fu Master (1981) w/Simon Yuen

Tomb Raiders --> The Avenging Quartet (1993) w/Cynthia Khan

Wu Tang vs the Nation --> 5 Kung Fu Daredevil Heroes (1977) w/Lo Lieh

Wu Tang Matrix --> Men of the Hour (1977) w/Charlie Chin

Bruce Against the Iron Hand --> Bruce and the Iron Finger (1979) w/Bruce Li

Fearless Master --> Fearless Hyena 3 (1983) w/Bolo Yeung

lillippa328

what are "wu tang" films? Like...i guess what im lookin for is technically? what seperates them or whatever?Cuz a lot of films yall listed I thought were Shaolin movies....

also, is Ninja vs Wu Tang good?

lillippa328

is there a wu-tang bundle to get me started on my wu tang collection?

I only got Mystery of Chessboxing, and perhaps that is it....

also, any recommendations of Wu Tang movies 2 get?

lillippa328

Wu Tang movies...movies that are part of the wu tang collection or that have the Wu Tang name attatched...

Liquid Swords

The Stomp

ect

define "wu tang movie"....

I admit this started as just the ones that were referenced on the cover as part of the "Wu Tang Collection" but morphed into all the VHS releases from Xenon that twisted the titles around. However, the photobucket list are all the ones mentioned in the list. If there are more that should be added please let me know!

I have True Master on tape, and it is a Meng Fei Taiwan (?) swordplay with a very long tournament scene. It is not the Jimmy Wang Yu film Deadly Silver Spear.

It also appears to not be Meng Fei's Silver Spear, as the mismatched back of the box shows a "Silver Hermit" with long teeth and grey skin. This character looks similar to the monster in Jade Dagger Ninja's finale.

I think Dark Skinned Assassin is probably the Silver Spear film with Meng Fei and Roc Tien. I do not know what True Master is, but will try to get more info.

Another update to the seemingly never-ending ID process. The Xenon Video Tape "True Master" is actually "Ninja Swords of Death." However, as originally mentioned above by odioustrident, they put images from a different movie on the back. These pictures, including the ones of a vampire-looking guy are actually from the film "Silver Spear," a 1979 wuxia effort by director and star Roc Tien. Meng Fei also appears very briefly in the opening scene.

whats the real title of the film "GODZ OF THE WU TANG"?

The one with Norman Chu? Have that one. Its called Duel of the Masters, though I don't think I've watched it yet.

I'm not home so I don't have it handy... are the WuTang Collection titles included in lists of aliases in Reid's Ultimate Guide?

BlackLamaFaction

Man, I own alot of these films but was never aware of these alternate titles. What does Xenon do, just take movies and retitle them with rap lyrics? Some of these films I noticed are actually about the Wu Tang or reference the Wu Tang in some way. One film I have that I didn't see on this thread was Joeseph Kuo's Unbeaten 28. The plot involves Meng Fei trying to get a secret kung fu book and rebuild the Wu Tang Clan.

Secret Executioner

In the Brooklyn Zu Collection (which seems related), I know of this:

http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Claw-Champion-Cobra-Ninja/dp/B000066C6O

I don't have it so I can't tell if the movies are the good ones but assuming the titles are correct, Cobra vs Ninja is an IFD movie (directed by Joseph Lai apparently) starring Richard Harrison and Stuart Smith.

Man, I own alot of these films but was never aware of these alternate titles. What does Xenon do, just take movies and retitle them with rap lyrics? Some of these films I noticed are actually about the Wu Tang or reference the Wu Tang in some way. One film I have that I didn't see on this thread was Joeseph Kuo's Unbeaten 28. The plot involves Meng Fei trying to get a secret kung fu book and rebuild the Wu Tang Clan.

The Wu Tang Clan ain't nuthin to F-**k with!

-The Chappelle Show.

:xd:

thankyouforfu
This was brought up in a different thread, but its something I've always been interested in, so I'll start it up. This is for the collection of VHS tapes and DVDs put out with the Wu Tang Clan name attached...

Please correct me if I have anything incorrect here, titles are from HKMDB.

Hey, is it possible to update the first post with the entire list in alphabetical order? This is a fantastic thread but it would be much easier to read if all the Wu Tang films were listed together right at the start. Thanks in advance (if you decided to undertake it)!

thankyouforfu

Full alphabetical list with all updates as requested by thankyouforfu

Last edited by Gaijin84; Yesterday at 06:30 PM. Reason: consolidation

Awesome! Thanks for consolidating them, Gaijin84!