YOUNG DRAGONS (John Woo) Japanese DVD is seemingly UNCUT Finally!

spannick

it seems the Print used for the Japanese DVD is the first Release of the uncut Version, prepared before it went to a heavily censored Cinema Run. the VCD / VHS is the cut Cinema Print (87 mins) where as the DVD runs 94 mins - both PAL Runtimes. the Fights are typical "Basher" Brutality - damn i like it ;)

gonna compare the Fights later with the VCD, but the Finale is damn longer already.

now let's hope - pray - Joy Sales sees fit to release it with English Subtitles in HK!

Trailer for those who don't know anything about the Movie:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

That's good news.

It's not a terribly good movie but being uncut can only help.

I wonder if this version will have the original title and prod co. logo?

I'd be willing to give it another go under these circumstances.

I have also seen this new Japan DVD.Yes is longer and have a Lot of violents Scenes more as the old vhs and the vcd.The Bad News:The DVD is very dark and I think the vcd have better Quality and is more brightly.

I hope the coming HK DVD is uncut and not to dark as the JP Disc.

No, the on Screen title is the self as the vcd and have NOT the Orginal Prod. Logo.

The only different-the vcd have the New Golden Harvest Logo and the Japan Disc have a older Golden Harvest Logo.

I have heard this Film play in Taiwan in this uncut version on Week in the cinema and later have buy Golden Harvest the Print, have this censored and bringing in the cinema in HK in this cut version(VHS, vcd).This the Premiere from this uncut Taiwan print before the 70er.

Archived