Dragonball Evolution (2009)

Xin Long

here you go!

http://dragonball-trailer.blogspot.com/

theres a short version and a long version.

also don't judge the film yet since its only teaser.

How would you compare the official trailer that releases later this year to the teaser that was shown during the licensing expo?

The actual trailer will be different. The teaser shown didn’t have enough ‘energy’ and did not fully reflect the film itself. The teaser was only inteded to show certain elements for L&M purposes and to introduce characters to trade people. This piece did not show the hardcore action that the movie will contain, but the full trailer will.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I saw that trailer without knowing the title of the film it was for I would have no idea it was based on the "Dragon Ball" manga/anime we all know and love. Looks like a completely different animal.

?? Chun Li is a character in Street Fighter.

Never mind. :(

[Note to self: Do not throw out that next AARP membership pitch.]

Man, for me, that film does not look promising. Why do they have to modernize this? Why not make it more like the Manga?

The original dragonball had a contrast in the locations. When they were in rural areas, looked like in the old China/Japan, the way we see it in kung fu movies, then, when they were in the city, it was futuristic with rocket cars, computarized houses, and stuff.

This one just seems your regular L.A. city.

This version of Dragon Ball doesn't look good. If they have a solid mangas, 3 Anime Series (DB, DBZ, DBGT) and God Knows how many anime movies. Why they just don't follow THAT instead of creating a crappy story?, i mean, this trailer looked like Bulletproof monk!!!

Way of the Dragon

I think this movie looks bad, I have never watched the anime or read the manga so i have no real intrest in Dragonball, but the film looks silly, i dont think it would work.

I do like Chow yun-fat though

I think it would have been cool if Nicholas Tse would have made his Hollywood debut as Goku (heard this on the Invisible Target commentary) and I just can't see Justin Chatwin pulling it off.

prometheus126
I think it would have been cool if Nicholas Tse would have made his Hollywood debut as Goku (heard this on the Invisible Target commentary) and I just can't see Justin Chatwin pulling it off.

because they didn't want an asian actor in a role like gokus.

this movie is nothing but a way in cashing in on dragon balls popularity IMO. nothing about it is at all similar to dragon ball and the storyline is completely different.

ssj_4_kakarott

i wanted to get a site where i can buy dvds made in japan with english subs instead of waiting months,sometimes a year be4 they in usa

It will hurt me to watch them destroy the greatness of Dragonball, but I'll watch it just to see how badly they ruin a great manga/anime. From the trailer it looks like they changed even Goku's personality!! Even if they didn't I doubt they'd do Goku any justice.

Hmm...

From Piccolo looking like a Sith, a single dragonball being used as a WMD, to Goku being an indecisive human....this has CGI crapfest written all over it.

Yet all the fanboys will still go and then flood the internet with rants.

It was announced that J-Pop superstar Ayumi Hamasaki will be singing the film's theme song, an original song entitled "Rule" and the song is in Japanese. The song will be used in both the Japanese and American releases.

Full Story

prometheus126

the worst thing about it is, by the trailor, it seemed to have had some sort of potential but they lost it and said "let's make a cash cow!!" nothing about it had anything to do with the manga, even to the point of taking away kami as the creator of the dragon balls (I knew they'd do that as they did with krillin. american audiances wouldn't be happy seeing god as a green-skinned alien.)

the movie looks like crap and they totally destroyed anything that made the original manga any good. oh, BTW, piccolo looks like some generic power ranger villian. I mean, come ON!!! it shouldn't be that hard to make piccolos suit in 3d, it's pretty organic looking to begin with!!!

I caught the movie today...it was pretty bad. I completely feel bad for Chow Yun-Fat for deciding to be in this film and Stephen Chow for producing the film. The hardcore DB purist fans will be extremely p.o.ed. They made Bulma a no-nonsense tough chick type and Yamcha acting like Stephen Fung's Match from Gen-X Cops. In the manga and anime, Bulma is a teenage priss while Yamcha is scared to death of girls.

The fight scenes suffered from the quick cuts, close ups, and overuse of slow motion. Even worse, James Marsters' Piccolo doesn't do anything but mostly smugging, talking, and barely does anything in the action department.

The only good thing I liked seeing is the special effects used for Goku's Kamehameha Wave...that pretty much sums it up. Now I'd rather see that dreaded Dragonball movie that was released in Hong Kong back in the late 80's, Dragonball: The Magic Begins...That was so much better than this.

I didn't waste my time with this movie. I'm not a die-hard Dragon Ball Z fan, but even I could see how Hollywood totally effed-up the characters. They can just never get this stuff right.

They messed up "Street Fighter" "Godzilla" and now "Dragon Ball"

I feel sorry for the fans. I really do

The only thing this movie has in common with Dragon Ball Z is the names and the dragon balls. I'm so glad I didn't blow my money on this garbage; let's pray the producers have no plans for a sequel.

Archived