Wu Tang Collection swordplays. Anyone know all the real titles?

odioustrident

odioustrident

The film Black Eagle's Blades has Tien Ping on the cover, but he is not listed as one of its actors in the databases. Same movie?

I am also curious about the title Avenging Eagle, with Leung Kar yan on the cover! I think it might be a film called Soul(s) of the Sword. Can anyone confirm this?

There are so many films in the Wu Tang Collections with names made up on the fly. Could we maybe get a definitive list going? I don't know how many Tien Ping fans are out there....

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

If you list all the titles, people here would probably be able to identify all of them. I think Black Eagle's Blade has Roc Tien in it, but I can't really give you any definitive info. The version I saw is from Videoasia and the picture quality is almost completely unwatchable, and I haven't watched it for about 3 years.

I remember renting the Avenging Eagle VHS. I think the real title is Shaolin Hero aka Great Massacre. I'm about 90% sure.

Morgoth is correct. WuTang Collection's AVENGING EAGLE is indeed GREAT MASSACRE, aka SHAOLIN HERO. It's a 1982 film, although IMDB erroneously lists it as 1969. Leung Kar Yan stars with Meng Fei and Philip Ko pops up as the main villain. The lead actress is Yeung Gwan Gwan, someone I'd never heard of before seeing the film. It's an interesting movie, with a little more storyline and romantic entanglement than we're used to in these movies.

There were once two very helpful websites that listed all the alternate titles for various kung fu films. I don't have them bookmarked on my office computer otherwise I'd try to find them. I don't even know if they're still functioning. I used them a lot when I used to buy up tons of WuTang Collection VHS tapes for low prices at the Entertainment Outlet on 40th St. off Fifth Ave. in Manhattan, but those days are long gone and the tapes are all in boxes in a closet. (Those were fun days, discovering hidden gems with mismatched titles like THE WOMAN AVENGER retitled KILLER BZ; CLUTCH OF POWER retitled SON OF WUTANG; RING OF DEATH retitled BASTARD KUNG FU MASTER; and SECRET MESSAGE, retitled THE STOMP, with Doris Lung Chun Erh as a blind fighter.)

Archived