More Angela Mao Films On The Way!

HAZ

Joy Sales has The Angry River & The Himalayan up for pre-order! The Angry River is one of Angela's first films. I'm looking forward to the Himalayan. I've avoided the dvd that's out now in anticipation of a better quality version. Hopefully, we'll see Stoner to follow...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WuxiaFan

Thanks HAZ! The Joy Sales Legendary Collection DVDs are awesome! The transfer is excellent, the English subs are well written, and the audio is decent. I love all of these Angela Mao films they are coming out with. I just bought LADY WHIRLWIND and WHEN TAEKWONDO STRIKES, so I can't wait to get those, too.

Himalayan is a great film, it comes with the IFM seal of approval.

Glad to hear that---I put in an order for it, and all I know about it is a couple of brief reviews. I'm loving these Joy Sales Golden Harvest releases. When Taekwondo STrikes, Broken Oath and Lady Whirlwind were awesome, and I've got Angry River, Skyhawk, Invincible Eight and the Himalayan on the way. Can't beat the price, and although they're not remastered, they're pretty good-looking widescreen anamorphic prints.

Angry River reminds me alot of Cheng Pei Pei movies like "Dragon Swamp". Its not like Broken Oath or Hapkido. I can't wait to see the Himalayan.

Glad to hear that---I put in an order for it, and all I know about it is a couple of brief reviews. I'm loving these Joy Sales Golden Harvest releases. When Taekwondo Strikes, Broken Oath and Lady Whirlwind were awesome, and I've got Angry River, Skyhawk, Invincible Eight and the Himalayan on the way.

Well, you've got the three best of the bunch already.

HAPKIDO is the only other one I'd rank with those three, although so far it's only on VCD. Not great quality at all, but still much better than the boots I had to watch in the past.

EDIT: Add THE TOURNAMENT to that list. (Thanks for the reminder, Chen Lung.) I just saw it recently for the first time and raved about it on this board, asking why no one had told me how great it was before. But then I have been forgetting things lately.

HAPKIDO is the only other one I'd rank with those three, although so far it's only on VCD. Not great quality at all, but still much better than the boots I had to watch in the past.

Nope, the HKL DVD is pretty decent :).

Of course, The Tournament came out over a month ago with the original English dub, Mandarin/remastered English subtitles and uncut - also anamorphic widescreen.

Archived