Movie Help

sffd101

I used to go to kung fu movies all the time and cannot remember the name of one of the greatest flicks I have ever seen. All I can remember is that they all used weapons- every kind of staff(triple staff, sweeper, spear, etc), and they fought mainly outdoors(in the forest mostly), it was hard hitting, and that I probably saw it in the '80s. Any help would be appreciated, thanks...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could it be Legendary Weapons of China?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5LMRkc_V40&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5LMRkc_V40&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Administrator

In INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN STICKS they used every kind of stick including a huge staff that almost looked like a log, and a skinny "switch" type rat-tail staff. It took place almost entirely outside, and was made in 1980-82 I believe. Starred Don Wong Tao. Ring a bell?

Morgoth Bauglir
Why is this question in three different threads :l

Yeah 3 is not enough. I think 4 would have brought an answer right away.

• Administrator

Aw, come on guys. He's new to the forum (could be the first forum he's ever posted on and he's not familar with them) like we all were once, and wasn't sure where to ask his question. :angel: So what? He didn't shit on anybody's DVD collection.

It's easy to pick on the guy, but more of a challenge to figure out the title he's after from his vague recollection. :nerd:

Morgoth- are you up to the challenge Bro? ;) We've seen a lot of these films. I'll bet one of us can help the guy. (Though I admit- your post made me laugh!)

Besides- it seems like a week ago I was posting my first time! First time here, or on any forum, and also asking for help.

Kung fu brothers unite! (Yes- I did the secret Shaolin hand signal just now.)XD

I used to go to kung fu movies all the time and cannot remember the name of one of the greatest flicks I have ever seen. All I can remember is that they all used weapons- every kind of staff(triple staff, sweeper, spear, etc), and they fought mainly outdoors(in the forest mostly), it was hard hitting, and that I probably saw it in the '80s. Any help would be appreciated, thanks...

Enter the Dragon. Your welcome.

How many people were fighting? Could be Martial Arts of Shaolin, or Shaolin Temple, both starring a very young Jet Li and had a lot of outdoors weapon mass fights.

If there were 2 it could be Dirty Tiger, Crazy Frog. They initially fight with staffs at the end, but pulls them out to a 3-sectional staff. Might not match the description of being "one of the greatest films you ever saw".

I seem to remember it was a couple of clans, both using weapons, lots of scenes in the forests and they were smashing trees, each other, etc

TEN TIGERS OF SHAOLIN (1979) had a big fight at the end, in a field bounded by woods, between the ten Tigers of the title and a rival lord's men. Lots of weapons were used and the fight lasted for about 25 min.

Morgoth Bauglir

You didn't like it Dragon? Maybe it's because I hadn't heard that music before (at least I don't think I had), but I thought it was awesome. It seemed to fit Jack Long's quest of honor.

Thanks for all the responses. The Legendary Weapons of China clip is pretty cool, but not the movie unfortunately. I can't seem to find any clips of Shaolin Invincible Sticks, and the name seems like it would be it, but I don't think so, thanks for the scans. I was hoping that there weren't that many movies that used the sweeper pole in it, though there are a few things I remember- there were many characters, probably clans, many fight scenes in the forest(bamboo?) with trees being smashed, and the film looked modern for the '80s.

Archived