Secret Rivals Liner Notes?

lightning hopkins

lightning hopkins

Read somewhere that the Crash Cinema release of Secret Rivals included liner notes by Linn Haynes himself.

Can anyone confirm this, and possibly make them available here? Having just finished rewatching Heroes Two with his commentary, I'd be really interested to get his take on SR. Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just pulled my copies of SECRET RIVALS and SECRET RIVALS 2 off the shelf. No printed liner notes are included, but if you pop in the DVD and go to "Production Info" on the menu and click on that, you'll get Linn's notes. Basically just some brief remarks about the styles employed in SECRET RIVALS and the work of the choreographer, Tommy Lee, a few notes about Ng See Yuen and Hwang Jang Li, the film's production in Korea, its gross at the HK boxoffice and its impact on Seasonal Films' success. Plus a bio of John Liu. About three or four onscreen pages worth, plus the bio of Liu and list of his films.

The exact same notes are repeated on the SECRET RIVALS 2 disc.

7 GRANDMASTERS from Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock has Linn's notes included as a separate printout.

Do I have access to any technical means of duplicating the notes and making them available here? No. Other than, of course, sitting here and reading what's onscreen and typing it in. Which falls under the category of "Work." And right now it's Sunday morning. On a holiday weekend. I like you guys, but not that much.

As SamD mentioned, mine only has the video notes. It would seem odd if Crash used both printed and video.

On the other hand, while 7GM had printed, I don't recall any video notes.

In any event, for those without....

crash1.JPG

crash2.JPG

crash3.JPG

crash4.JPG

crash5.JPG

lightning hopkins

I knew there was a reason why I liked this forum!

Amazingly great...thanks to SamD and Teako both. Hope I can someday help share the fu too when the opportunity arises.

Hi Teako what software does one need for dvd capture and how do you upload the video material (moving or still images) to a forum?

Hi Teako what software does one need for dvd capture and how do you upload the video material (moving or still images) to a forum?

Hey KC - I'm sure there's plenty of different programs out there and I can only comment on the one I use. I use PowerDVD which has this tiny "camera" icon. I picked up this software on eBay for one penny. Yes folks, one cent! (Plus a buck for postage). Anyhow, all you got to do is pause the video image where you want and take a 'snapshot'. I then upload these images via FTP to my own domain. Moving images is a little different. I really don't post clips to YouTube but I'm sure those who have can elaborate on that process.

Archived