Ong Bak 2

thedirtytiger

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, too bad. Got this email from Johnny from DDDHouse:

Distributor EDKO announces "Ong Bak 2 (2008)" will not be released within April.

Mark Pollard

Interesting. HKFlix didn't mention a delay. I wouldn't be surprised if Edko got a call from Magnolia when news broke and they're now scrubbing the English subs off their discs. There is potential for thousands of dollars of lost revenue for Magnolia, not counting the bootlegs already in circulation, if the HK version shipped with subs.

Guest WuxiaFan

DVDAsian.com says the release date is 4/13/09 for the Edko version:

http://www.dvdasian.com/_e/Thailand/product/37983/Ong_Bak_2_Region_3_DVD_.htm

Play-Asia.com says the release date is 4/9/09 for the Edko version:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-7k-49-en-15-ong+bak-70-3c18-43-9.html

It will be interesting to see if they list it as "in stock" tomorrow.

my guess is...it's not coming out tomorrow, and when it comes out it won't have the eng subs. I hope I'm wrong, but I've decided just to hang on to the Thai version when it comes. It's been almost 2 weeks, and still not here...damn Yesasia screwing up their shipping times to the US!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
my guess is...it's not coming out tomorrow, and when it comes out it won't have the eng subs. I hope I'm wrong, but I've decided just to hang on to the Thai version when it comes. It's been almost 2 weeks, and still not here...damn Yesasia screwing up their shipping times to the US!

I recommend eThaicd.com for Thai titles. They've never let me down. My Thai DVD of ONG-BAK 2 shipped very quickly, and looks great.

thanks for the reminder, I've ordered a couple cds from them before, and they shipped super fast! next time I'll keep them in mind...for Ong Bak 3 or whatever!

Guest WuxiaFan
I recommend eThaicd.com for Thai titles. They've never let me down. My Thai DVD of ONG-BAK 2 shipped very quickly, and looks great.

KFB - I looked at eThaicd.com and the ONG-BAK 2 DVDs listed had no subtitles :o. Did I miss somthing?

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I hope I'm wrong, but I've decided just to hang on to the Thai version when it comes. It's been almost 2 weeks, and still not here...damn Yesasia screwing up their shipping times to the US!

KFB - I looked at eThaicd.com and the ONG-BAK 2 DVDs listed had no subtitles :o. Did I miss somthing?

I was responding to Mark187's having waited a long time for the Thai DVD. That's the one I ordered, and you read correct info on the site- there ARE NOT English subs on the official Thai release. I ordered it anyway. I knew someone would probably wind up sending me a fan-subbed boot, but I couldn't wait to see the film looking the way it's supposed to, and I wanted to support the legit release.

Will I buy it again when a special feature-rich, English subtitled edition becomes available? You bet! There are very few movies that I'm into enough to do this with, but ONG-BAK 2 is certainly one of them. :nerd:

Will I buy it again when a special feature-rich, English subtitled edition becomes available? You bet! There are very few movies that I'm into enough to do this with, but ONG-BAK 2 is certainly one of them. :nerd:

Most definitely, I have to run for work but I watched this last night and will post later when I have more time, but I will say I loved it, it's the brutal bone breaking blood slashing asskicking movie I've been waiting for, not to say it isn't with it's flaws but the intention of bringing back a true oldschool KF(I use this term loosly as it was great seeing many styles in there) is there. My favorite part was his fight with the two Muay Thai guys at the end, there was some awesome exchanges in there.

It's uncanny because just the other day we had the Michael Jackson topic, and now I see that Tony Jaa looks like the exact replica of Michael Jackson on this movie! :P

It's uncanny because just the other day we had the Michael Jackson topic, and now I see that Tony Jaa looks like the exact replica of Michael Jackson on this movie! :P

:o Please don't insult the man.

I'm going to rewatch both parts back to back soon since my friend never seen the first one, a Jaa double feature!

Michael Jackson is coming to live in my local village for maybe 6 months. I think all parents need to be warned.

Monica Haynes

OMG...the fight scene in the marketplace when he fights for the women & their children to be reunited...Holy Canoli this man can move...that scene is awesome.

I think I know why the HK dvds have been held back. Would it be alright to say so? I was informed by a reliable source who ordered copies direct from the supplier so I'd say he'd be telling the truth.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
OMG...the fight scene in the marketplace when he fights for the women & their children to be reunited...Holy Canoli this man can move...that scene is awesome.

I told you it was awesome! I love this scene too. Drunken boxing is the sheeeeeeit! XD

I think I know why the HK dvds have been held back. Would it be alright to say so? I was informed by a reliable source who ordered copies direct from the supplier so I'd say he'd be telling the truth.

Yes, please share. :)

There must have been a fault in the manufacturing process. My source had received a sample copy and he said it would not play properly at points. He was told that the whole batch carried those faults. No word on how long it would take to correct. It did have subtitles though.

I've been holding out knowing Magnolia will release it.....hopefully sometime soon.....but DAMN......I can't wait for this movie.

Drunken boxing is the sheeeeeeit!

Wasn't it more like drunken kicking? Didn't see him move his arms much.

Wasn't it more like drunken kicking? Didn't see him move his arms much.

More like Drunken Muay Thai, there were a lot of elbows getting thrown.

The HK dvd will not come with English subs, on top of the date possibly getting pushed back.

I got hold of a good dvd copy with subs. Subs were late to appear on screen during the first half of the movie but was ok afterwards. I thought the movie was easy to follow and the action was very well choreographed. Still I would have liked to seen a better one on one fight near the end. Most of the action was against multiple opponents.

I also recently got the original thai dvd but I haven't checked that yet.

Archived