Ong Bak 2

thedirtytiger

I just watched the official trailer on Youtube and noticed that some scenes are shot from different angles and there are some scenes that didn't make it into the movie. Hopefully, they'll use them in Ong Bak 3.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Masked Avenger

Judging from the trailer "Queen of Langkasuka" doesn't look like a good martial arts flick.

I'd rather watch old elephants!!!

The Amazing Psycho Per

One word: Awesome!

I can't believe it is getting such mixed reviews... I've read so much negative things, how the movie was a total mess and lacked action, etc... Did we see the same movie??? To me it's the best MA flick I've seen in a while, at least the most entertaining, more then the like of Ip Man and other recent movies.

Ok, first off, it is true that the story isn't very well developped, but going in knowing how the production was, well to say the least "troubled", it is not very surprising. To be honest, it does bare the mark of something put together in a rush, but we know that there will be a sequel, wich might allow to rectify this problem and allow a better developpement. Apart from the WTF ending, everything was fine to me. We are threated with something a lot darker then it would've had Prachya Pinkaew been on board. And frankly, I don't think Tony is a worst director then he is.

I also read that it lacked action. What!?! That thing is almost non-stop action for all it's running time! Plus, the choreography is far more diverse then any other Thai martial arts to dates. The only thing missing are the abondance of bone crunshing stunts, though there are a few. But still, Ong Bak 2 contains the best fights I've seen in a long time. A long long time.

I am anxiously waiting for Ong Bak 3, but let's just hope things go more smoothly this time around, and that whoever directs it manages to keep the same dark style Tony injected in this.

As i said on a previous thread i had mixed feelings about the film.

Its a very dark, violent movie, no light hearted touches at all which may put people off. The story needs the viewer to concentrate on whats going on, no bad thing, but it has a pace which gets bogged down at times.

The action is amazing as we have come to expect from Jaa, although not as plentiful as people may expect. The drunken fight is a highlight as is his fantastic use of weapons, which will have people rewinding in amazement.

The ending is abrupt, lets hope part 3 finishes it off well. :S

AMAZING FIST OF FURY ACTION FIGURE!!

lillippa328

great film!!!!!!!!!!!Jaas' best by far!!!!!!!

and this really shows what he can do....its not just Muay Thai....it actually has some shaolin martial arts in it....

after this i can now see what potential he has....i liked Ong Bak and Protector, but this is how Martial Art movies are supposed to be....i can see how versatile he can be, which i believe was what he really wanted to show off in this film....

put it this way, before, i couldnt picture him in a duel with some1 like Jackie/Jet/Yen....only in a fight with a whole bunch of nobodies beating them one by one....now, i can see that he can also use weapons and styles and throw good punches....

Well I have seen a few sellers on eBay that have this movie, and I want to pick it up anyone recommend any of the sellers that they might have gotten it from. I want the best English subtitles I can find, until a legit release comes out.

kingofkungfu2002

The HK dvd is listed now on dddhouse and yesasia for release by Edko on April 9th, with English subtitles :)

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
The HK dvd is listed now on dddhouse and yesasia for release by Edko on April 9th, with English subtitles :)

Easy... they've been wrong before.

DeathFuMaster

How long until it gets an American release I wonder. It will for sure be released here(possibly Magnolia)given the popularity of Tony Jaa and Ong Bak here.

according to imdb, October '09 (limited release). why does the US constantly feel the need to be last in line, by then the hype will have died down, and Ong Bak 3 may be about to come out. I'm still waiting on the Thai version in the mail, but if its confirmed the HK dvd has eng subs, I'll return it unopened and get the hk version instead.

Yeah, there is a copy been made with perfect english subs which I have at home, it is most likely that version.

On a good note though, the subtitles are excellent.

Mark Pollard

I received word from HKFlix earlier today that Edko's version of ONG BAK 2 does in fact come with English subs.

Archived