Ong Bak 2

thedirtytiger

the story was good and deep? i found it really boring.. and the end? what's that end??!?!?

some fight scenes were good, some were too fake (thanks to the low motion i could see that some punches didnt catch anybody (u 'd say: it happened also in old movies. Yes, but it was a lot of years ago, and since it was advertised like "the real action is back" (or sth like that) i hoped it didnt turn out to be so faked), Jaa helped some stuntmen during some scenes).

And what's with all those broken bones (the sound of them of course)?!?!? ahahah

its a kung fu movie....all of the fights are choreographed...maybe you shouldnt be watching this genre if you want a realistic fight scene...

everyone complains about the ending, i thought it was great...the whole last fight scene was amazing, and the story was pretty deep....

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its a kung fu movie....all of the fights are choreographed...maybe you shouldnt be watching this genre if you want a realistic fight scene...

everyone complains about the ending, i thought it was great...the whole last fight scene was amazing, and the story was pretty deep....

yeah in fact i won't watch any Jaa fake movies from now on :)

but i will keep watching REAL kung fu movies

yeah in fact i won't watch any Jaa fake movies from now on :)

but i will keep watching REAL kung fu movies

Define "real kung fu movies."

While I wasn't the biggest fan of "Ong Bak 2," I found the action to be incredible. In fact, the last twenty minutes or so had me more excited than most movies of recent times. Seeing Jaa against the two guys on the raised platform gave me goose bumps.

That said, the film isn't without flaw. But, it's good. It's far superior in cinematic execution than Jaa's previous vehicles. I, for one, am very, very excited about the third outing. With Jaa's evolution, I'm hoping the third in the series will be the cherry on the arse kicking cake.

Define "real kung fu movies."

While I wasn't the biggest fan of "Ong Bak 2," I found the action to be incredible. In fact, the last twenty minutes or so had me more excited than most movies of recent times. Seeing Jaa against the two guys on the raised platform gave me goose bumps.

That said, the film isn't without flaw. But, it's good. It's far superior in cinematic execution than Jaa's previous vehicles. I, for one, am very, very excited about the third outing. With Jaa's evolution, I'm hoping the third in the series will be the cherry on the arse kicking cake.

real kung fu movies? to me kung fu movies are movies where the stuntmen are not helping each other during the fight ( i dont mean the sync but help a guy falling is not what i'm looking for ).. if there weren't so many slow motion scenes i might enjoy the flick , but as it is it's just boring.. and all those broken bones.. was it hokuto no ken? :wink:

real kung fu movies? to me kung fu movies are movies where the stuntmen are not helping each other during the fight ( i dont mean the sync but help a guy falling is not what i'm looking for ).. if there weren't so many slow motion scenes i might enjoy the flick , but as it is it's just boring.. and all those broken bones.. was it hokuto no ken? :wink:

I understand if you don't like the action. I personally thought it was another step forward in modern martial arts cinema. Granted, I did prefer "Ip Man" but "Ong Bak 2" represented a much needed sense of direction for not only Jaa but martial arts movies in general.

As for the broken bones? Well, whatever floats your boat. Me? I love a bit of bone crunching.

i liked this movie the end fight scene was amazing and im looking forward to Ong Bak 3. visually this movie is amazing, there could have been more flashbacks to explain his back round but seeing how there's going to be another one i guess there's no need. all in all i enjoyed this movie.

I understand if you don't like the action. I personally thought it was another step forward in modern martial arts cinema. Granted, I did prefer "Ip Man" but "Ong Bak 2" represented a much needed sense of direction for not only Jaa but martial arts movies in general.

As for the broken bones? Well, whatever floats your boat. Me? I love a bit of bone crunching.

Modern fight for me is "Flash Point"... hell how much i love this movie!

"ip man" was pretty good (except some wires)

As for the broken bones.. too many.. i love them but here it seems that even if he touchs with a finger he brakes some bones ahahah xD

Just got some passes to see this next Tues. Liked the first one, but the promo poster I received looks like this is something a lot different. May not go see this since it's playing at a theater so freaking far away, it's almost in another time zone...

In the words of Bruce Campbell "Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh baaaaaaaaaabey!!!!"

I am proper excited to see this at the cinema. I've got a boner already.

how can I find out if its playing near me in theaters? is there a site? isearched movietickets bu i dunno how legit it is

My theater lists the movie as 155 minutes long, way longer than my malaysian version.

:ooh:

Yeah, I have seen it listed as 114 minutes and 125 minutes.

Guest WuxiaFan
Well looks like im not going to be able to watch Ong Bak 2 in the theaters. It's playing in Frisco near my fathers house, but not anywhere in Ohio which sucks. What good is releasing a film if they aren't even going to play it for people. No wonder martial arts film is back in the underground, they are getting buried before they get a chance to shine. I guarantee there is some kids out there that would dig this movie, and could of won over some new fans of the genre.

DS - Columbus is a pretty big city, so I would keep an eye out on your first-run theaters. Does Columbus have any independent or art house theaters? It may make it eventually to those theaters before the first-run theaters. We are fortunate enough to have a Sundance Theater here in Madison (WI) and it gets a lot of foreign and independent films that our first run theaters don't get. So, don't forget about it yet! :smile:

DS - Columbus is a pretty big city, so I would keep an eye out on your first-run theaters. Does Columbus have any independent or art house theaters? It may make it eventually to those theaters before the first-run theaters. We are fortunate enough to have a Sundance Theater here in Madison (WI) and it gets a lot of foreign and independent films that our first run theaters don't get. So, don't forget about it yet! :smile:

Well I can tell you that Denver, CO has over a million people and Ong Bak 2 isn't playing ANYWHERE within a 40 mile radius of downtown. I know because I checked movietickets.com. I do hope they expand the number of available screens for the film or it will have no chance of making any money here.

Some people on the gaming forums posted that you can watch Ong Bak 2 and Red Cliff on Xbox Live right now. If it's in HD and it's not too many Microsoft Points I may just do that. This waiting around for the Blu-Ray is pissing me off.

Some people on the gaming forums posted that you can watch Ong Bak 2 and Red Cliff on Xbox Live right now. If it's in HD and it's not too many Microsoft Points I may just do that. This waiting around for the Blu-Ray is pissing me off.

i heard its like 15-19 dollars or somthing......

and its not playing near me :( im in VA so i figured

• Administrator

I have a couple of movie passes, so I was hoping to see this on the silver screen with my son. Even though the whole family has already watched the import DVD, it would be great to see this projected in 35mm! But as of Friday, it still isn't playing anywhere around here. :squigglemouth:

How can some total crap like WAR get released in theaters, but not ONG-BAK 2?! Please don't answer. That was a rhetorical question. I know why. But geez... how lame!

• Administrator
I saw it on the big screen.

It is playing at the Village East Cinema here in New York City.

I'm happy some of us are getting the experience!

The nintey minute to two hour drive, plus the cost of gas and tolls would seriously negate the "save some money but still see a good film" idea behind using my free movie passes. :smile: Times are tight right now. Oh well.

what is the running time for the theatrical release compared to the dvd?
I didn't take notice of the running time at the theater ( I was with kids) and between the trailers & the movie - I was in there for well over 2 hours. But I think that the movie itself is a little under 2.

Edit. I just check Village East Cinema site & it says 125 minutes.

If everything goes as plan - I will be seeing it next week again so I will keep a running time.

Guest WuxiaFan

That's 32 mins longer than the Malay DVD! Usually, the theatrical version is cut and the DVD has the extended cut. I'll be curious to see if the Magnolia DVD will be this extended cut, which I don't know why it wouldn't. What the hell was cut?? :ooh:

OK I had to watch this movie again last night and I have to say everyone who criticizes it needs to really watch this movie again. To me it was really flawless great storyline and it really had non-stop action from beginning to end. I cannot wait to see OB3 where this one left off.

To clarify the running times:

I have the Magnolia Blu Ray and the main version of the movie is 98 minutes. There is an "alternate cut" on the disc (I'm assuming it's the French version since the title screen is in French) that runs 89 minutes.

I also have a Malaysian DVD which runs 110 minutes.

OK I had to watch this movie again last night and I have to say everyone who criticizes it needs to really watch this movie again. To me it was really flawless great storyline and it really had non-stop action from beginning to end. I cannot wait to see OB3 where this one left off.

I agree, it has it's flaws but it's the movie I've been wating for since the Shaws Brothers stopped making movies. I'm really hoping to see Jaa and Dan Chupong square off.

Archived