Ong Bak 2

thedirtytiger

Guest Yi-Long

It's been out here in Holland for about a month orso now. I haven't picked it up yet because of a couple of reasons (want to know if it's uncut, it's still 15 euro, and I've been away for a month). I dn't think it has english subs though, but I believe it's a 2-disc tin edition. Will check tomorrow for latest prices.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though this movie is much better than the first..its the same ol thing..tony jaa showcasing his skills..

Tons of fight scenes but not much to do with the plot..

rate 7/10, I only gave it a 7 because of the action..otherwise I would have rate it 5/10

kingofkungfu2002
the korean dvd is supposed to have english subs for those that don't trust the maylasian quality.

Yeah, I've got mine on order :bigsmile:

Fightingfist
Yeah, I've got mine on order :bigsmile:

Ive seen this but i honestly think the first movie is better in terms of action.

Oct 23rd Theatrical Release date for the USA

Magnolia US Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nklm5hRh-eY

Europa FRENCH Trailer (better edit in my opinion)

The French release is said to be cut by 20 minutes with rap music on the end credits. :sad:

According to Wise Kwai Journal

http://thaifilmjournal.blogspot.com/2009/08/yo-whats-up-with-ong-bak-2.html

Guest WuxiaFan
the korean dvd is supposed to have english subs for those that don't trust the maylasian quality.

The transfer on the Malaysian disc is perfect. The English subs are well written and easy to read, also.

Oct 23rd Theatrical Release date for the USA

Can't wait. This will be awesome on the big screen. :smile:

although i seen the film already, i decided to attend the North American premiere of Ong Bak 2 during the Midnight Madness screening at TIFF http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/films/ongbak2 watching the film with 1200+ people definitely makes the experience more enjoyable. Panom Yeerum (Tony Jaa) filmed a special greeting just for the TIFF audience members. perhaps oneday he'll make an appearance. Prachya Pinkaew attended the TIFF screening of Ong Bak back in 2003.

I finally got a hold of this movie and will be watching it soon. I stupidly ended up with some version from a company called SIAM Media Corporation which I suspect is a bootleg. It says 2:35, in Thai DD5.1 with english or spanish subs. I don't know if it is anamorphic or not. I am unable to find any info on this one. Either way I can't wait to see the movie. Anamorphic would be nice but now that I have it, I hope at the very least it's uncut

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think you'll find only the Malaysian DVD is legitimate with English subtitles. The DVD itself doesn't even say it has English subtitles on the case, nor does it say in the language menu. You have to manually set them while the films running.

I got tired of waiting for a R1 release and at the same time I totally blanked and forgot the Malaysian version actually being all region and english subtitled. So on the spur of the moment I went with this SIAM dvd. It is widescreen and anamorphic on a DVD-5. It has two audio tracks - Thai 5.1 and Thai stereo. The subtitle options are English or Spanish. The subs are perfectly readable. Picture quality is definitely not bad. The only issue is there is a few instances where the subs tend to come in maybe a second too late but it is not even much of an issue. I just hope the subs are good and accurate but until i master the Thai language I will tell myself they are.

make believe
I found a completely illegal "Panmedia" copy at my local Rasputin's for $10. Still waiting for legit R1 release.

Just out of curiousity, what is the Panmedia disc like? I wonder what source they used to rip off.

what an awful movie!

i watched it back in HK... it was the end of the year and i was at the cinema with my bro and plenty of chinese (of course ahah)... and ours and their reactions were: :ooh::sad:

really, it was a waste of time and money

i liked OB1, i hated The Protector and i shitted all over my pants with this OB2... it was a pain to reach the final credits... never again! I'm done with Jaa!

Just out of curiousity, what is the Panmedia disc like? I wonder what source they used to rip off.

More than likely stolen from Malaysian version, which was one of the first editions to release and was subtitled in English and region-free.

what an awful movie!

i watched it back in HK... it was the end of the year and i was at the cinema with my bro and plenty of chinese (of course ahah)... and ours and their reactions were: :ooh::sad:

really, it was a waste of time and money

i liked OB1, i hated The Protector and i shitted all over my pants with this OB2... it was a pain to reach the final credits... never again! I'm done with Jaa!

so you must've given up on Jackie, Jet , Donnie, Sammo etc as all have had 2 bad films...2 far worse films too.

so you must've given up on Jackie, Jet , Donnie, Sammo etc as all have had 2 bad films...2 far worse films too.

Donnie? no

Sammo? more or less

Jet? US: yes, HK/CHI: no

Jackie? more or less

:tongue:

this was verry good movie i duno what yall didnt like about it, story was good and deep, and fighting was nice...did yall even notice that the statue was his father?i wonder how much yall actually paid attention

this was verry good movie i duno what yall didnt like about it, story was good and deep, and fighting was nice...did yall even notice that the statue was his father?i wonder how much yall actually paid attention

the story was good and deep? i found it really boring.. and the end? what's that end??!?!?

some fight scenes were good, some were too fake (thanks to the low motion i could see that some punches didnt catch anybody (u 'd say: it happened also in old movies. Yes, but it was a lot of years ago, and since it was advertised like "the real action is back" (or sth like that) i hoped it didnt turn out to be so faked), Jaa helped some stuntmen during some scenes).

And what's with all those broken bones (the sound of them of course)?!?!? ahahah

kingofkungfu2002
i found it really boring.. and the end? what's that end??!?!?

That's not really the end though, as it's continuing in Ong Bak 3.

That's not really the end though, as it's continuing in Ong Bak 3.

Yes i know that but it was so... uhm.. i dont know how to explain but i won't look for part 3 for sure ^^

Archived