Moon Lee

Jingangchan

Greetings everyone

I saw a clip of a Moon Li Choi Fung movie on Youtube. It was called "King of Drunk Fist" IIRC. It was a great clip of Moon Lee kicking tail. I tried to look it up later but, can find no record of it anywhere. Does anyone here know anything about this movie?

Speaking of Moon Lee...is (are) there any HK chick you'd rate above her?

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah that King of Drunk Fist looks great. I don't have it but I'm pretty sure it's a series. There's another series with Moon Lee I want to get called Fist of Hero. She looks cold blooded in this one-

_xqoK45D07o

She appears halfway through Fist of Hero series. Vincent finally masters the hard side of martial art. Moon Lee and her father teaches Vincent the soft side. Gordon Liu is Vincent's father, Kurata is Vincent's father-in-law, headmaster of the black dragon clan from Japan. The first half is full of cultural shenanigans when Vincent marries a his daughter without his consent.

After checking out a few of those you tube clips I wouldn't mind seeing a few of Moon Lee's movies.:D

What would you recommend as her best movies are? And also which are in more contemporary settings? I suppose it doesn't really matter as long as they're good films, with plenty of good action but my preference is films set in modern times.

Yeah Drunken Fist is a TV series, there's also a Drunken Fist 2 which looks good too.

Yeah, further research on my part yielded that it's from TV. Great matrerial. Now all I need to discover is how to get a hold of it...:) This chick is deadly!

After checking out a few of those you tube clips I wouldn't mind seeing a few of Moon Lee's movies.:D

What would you recommend as her best movies are? And also which are in more contemporary settings? I suppose it doesn't really matter as long as they're good films, with plenty of good action but my preference is films set in modern times.

Check out Beauty Investigators, Kickboxer's Tears and Avenging Quartet. I've only seen the first two but, they're all good and feature Oshima as well.

Check out Beauty Investigators, Kickboxer's Tears and Avenging Quartet. I've only seen the first two but, they're all good and feature Oshima as well.

Yes. Also known as "Midnight/Midnite Angels."

cheers guys I'll look into them:D

silver hermit

dreaming the reality, yes madam 92 a serious shock, fatal termination are my picks they all show different sides of moon lee besides the ditzy character she plays most times. the angel series might well be her best over all martial arts display.

those series are excellent if you can find them but no subs :S

In addition to the ones already mentioned, I would recommend KILLER ANGELS (1989), a contemporary girl-guns-and-fu thriller that's separate from the ANGEL series. Gordon Liu plays an ambiguous bad guy in shades, a cap and leather jacket.

And when you get through all the ones mentioned and you want to start going through the ones we'd hesitate to recommend, try DEVIL HUNTERS (1989). It's a wild one, but I'd wait on it.

Cognoscente
On 10/11/2008 at 4:18 AM, Jingangchan said:

Speaking of Moon Lee...is (are) there any HK chick you'd rate above her?

Sharon Yeung Pan-Pan on the strength of the below timestamp!

• Like 2

Was there a major scandal involving Moon Lee at some point in the past? I think it was about her and her adopted son or someone like that.

Edited by De Ming Li
  • Like 1

One Armed Boxer
3 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

Was there a major scandal involving Moon Lee at some point in the past? I think it was about her and her adopted son or someone like that.

Yes, her husband at the time, Dennis Law (director of ‘Fatal Contact’ and ‘Fatal Move’ amongst others) infamously started a blog in 2014 (which was updated as recently as February) and published an e-book for the sole purpose of documenting the torrid details, including posting some rather racy photos from his personal collection.

http://twofacesofmoon.blogspot.com/2014/01/twilight-of-moon.html?m=1

He tends to come across as a little obsessive (indicated by the blog itself starting 7 years after they divorced) and he’s very self-congratulatory about his achievements, making a lot of it difficult to take seriously.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 4/15/2022 at 7:54 PM, Yihetuan said:

Here's an up to date interview with Moon Lee. It's in French, so use Chrome or your google translate.

https://www.darksidereviews.com/interview-moon-lee-choi-fung-2022/?fbclid=IwAR1NAl2HUThhqRE4_bCqEBv7puAXilSKuMmFpeipRigUwAU3gedLh3M0gMg

Sorry, I forgot to edit my post but wanted to mention that you do not need to translate the interview as the English translated interview appears after the French one. So just scroll down.

• Like 4

I hope you've love our interview of Moon Lee =)

Don't hesitate to comment it directly on our website, just a little comment to thanks us ;-)

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

So as far as I know, I have now seen all of Moon Lee's movies. All 35 of them (not counting cameos)

It's a bit depressing to be honest haha. But such is the fate of watching Hong Kong movies. Eventually you just... run out!

Well, it was fun! Moon Lee is amazing.

On 4/19/2022 at 5:13 PM, cherycok said:

I hope you've love our interview of Moon Lee =)

Don't hesitate to comment it directly on our website, just a little comment to thanks us ;-)

Was this interview recorded anywhere? Or just written down.

• Like 3

Speaking of Moon Lee and girls with guns movies really, is there some licencing barrier they come out first in germany and france?There are now few cases those countries get releases first...Yes, some of them are english friendly mainly german ones but still.

• Like 1