Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer!

GwaiLoMoFo

I had heard nothing about this before watching it, just thought the title and cover looked promising. It turned out to be a great throwback to the 80's style of horror/comedies like House & Evil Dead 2. Funny, well directed, good production values, decent acting..... and Robert Englund (who was kick ass) as a bonus! I loved the fact that they use physical special effects and not one oz of cgi. They put some work in on this one and it shows. I had a blast watching this film! Easily could turn this in a series of films, I hope they do.

jackbrooks.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Robert Englund can fight?! I did not know that. You sold me when you say "I loved the fact that they use physical special effects and not one oz of cgi". I put it on my netflix queue. it is # 73 on the list:p

I'll have to check this out. I saw some footage that actually looked far more polished than the cover art suggests. You never know what you're getting with movies co-starring Robert Englund. The only consistency seems to be varying amounts of black humor.

Robert Englund can fight?! I did not know that.

No I dont think he can, at least not in this film. He's the main supporting actor, not the lead/title character.

You sold me when you say "I loved the fact that they use physical special effects and not one oz of cgi".

I hate the look of CGI in horror films. They used plenty of rubber, latex and caro syrup in this one.

You never know what you're getting with movies co-starring Robert Englund. The only consistency seems to be varying amounts of black humor.

Most of the humor comes from Englunds character. But I thoroughly enjoyed his performance throughout.

Check the trailer out:

Morgoth Bauglir

OK got you. I got mixed up when you said he can kick ass. I thought maybe he was doing some more Freddy vs Jason type action :P

Yeah JACK BROOKS MONSTER SLAYER is a good Horror movie,one of the better ones to come out in a while.Can't wait for part 2

Morgoth Bauglir

I finally saw this. That monster at the end is cool. Overall I thought the movie was really good.

Archived