Let The Right One In (2008)

CrazyFrog

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this at Fantastic Fest a couple of weeks ago. It is quite good. It's not a gorefest. I think of it as sort of Innocent Blood Tweens (in a good way). It's really a rather sweet coming of age story, with vampires.

froffeecoffee

I heard it is supposed to get a limited release.

It's also supposed to be getting the remake treatment.:cry: Matt Reeves the director of Cloverfield is making it.

froffeecoffee

Was just released here in AZ last Wednesday. It's only in one theater here in the Phoenix area. Keep a lookout in your area for this. A much better take on the vampire genre than Twilight I expect. :P

froffeecoffee

A tremendous film! I emphasize the word film because this is an intelligent, well-acted, beautiful horror film to watch.

Definitely a must see in the theaters. I don't see what the point of a remake is for this, other than money. There's no way they can capture the mood and visuals in a American remake. I'm certain the gore quota will be up to attract the mainstream audiences. That will be a shame.

This one has been making onto a number of year-end 10 Best lists, including one Ebert recently posted. I'm really looking forward to catching it.

I got the swedish bluray and found it to be quite a profound, intelligent little movie. Anyone looking for an antidote to the endless tide of hollywood remakes would do well to see it.

froffeecoffee

A quick note about the Magnolia Blu-Ray, the subtitles are not the same as the theatrical version. The theatrical subtitles are more accurate, while the DVD/Blu-Ray version opted to go with less accurate subtitles. There is speculation that Magnolia didn't want to pay for the original translator to redo for the home video release and decided to go the cheap route.

littlefuzzy

They are doing a "replacement" for this... Not that they will give you a corrected disc, but as stocks are replenished in the stores, they will start putting out copies that have "Subtitles: English (theatrical) down in the specifications box.

froffeecoffee
They are doing a "replacement" for this... Not that they will give you a corrected disc, but as stocks are replenished in the stores, they will start putting out copies that have "Subtitles: English (theatrical) down in the specifications box.

Thanks for the information. I was reluctant to purchase the Blu-Ray because of the simplified subs, but now I'll be on the lookout for the replacement disc.

Archived