If you had to have one from each genre...?

The Dragon

Yeah. Did you know he was Shieh Kien's double in ETD? He was also Bruce's co-AD. He was gaining a great deal of Bruce's respect because supposedly Lam was one of the toughest around at the time. His mantle was "show me"... "show me the power!" he didn't readily give other actors credit until they proved themselves, according to Sammo. Bruce was one who had to prove himself to Lam. On the set of BB, it was Bruce's power driven sidekick that settle that with Lam. Lee had his full support after being on the receiving end. Lol.

Nope, I was unaware that Lam doubled for Shieh Kien in Enter The Dragon. I do know that he started as an actor playing small roles, then moved to stunts and action directing/choreography very quickly. His opera background definely helped him land jobs at both Shaw Brothers and Golden Harvest. Bruce must of liked him, because he used Lam for all of his completed films. I remember reading that Lam was incredibly versitile and could mimic many styles after watching them. I just don't remember where I read that though. BTW, During what movie did the kicking incident occur?

I also happened upon this today, which seems like a very good read.

http://www.lamchingying.com/index.htm

I'll have to take a look at it once I get more time. I would rather not hijack this thread, so if there is anything else maybe a moderator should move these discussions?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...BTW, During what movie did the kicking incident occur?

It happened while they were making The Big Boss. Lam questioned Bruce's being "brought in from America" and his Martial prowess. Liu Yung, who was being groomed by Lo Wei, was also one of the guys questioning Lee's skills. Didn't take long to convince them... Lee always liked to put on his tricks, most of which these guys weren't privy to... plus, taking on a couple of Thai fighters while on location, the rest is history.

It happened while they were making The Big Boss. Lam questioned Bruce's being "brought in from America" and his Martial prowess. Liu Yung, who was being groomed by Lo Wei, was also one of the guys questioning Lee's skills. Didn't take long to convince them... Lee always liked to put on his tricks, most of which these guys weren't privy to... plus, taking on a couple of Thai fighters while on location, the rest is history.

If you haven't, you should take a look at the Bey Logan interview with Lam.

http://www.lamchingying.com/interview.htm

It's a real interesting read. There is quite a bit on Bruce, including working with him on the production of The Big Boss. Lam even worked on Game of Death with Bruce. He was deeply saddened when Bruce passed away.

Morgoth Bauglir

you should give it a try. It doesn't have to be a definitive list. I don't think that could be expected. It is tough on the mind I admit, but every once in awhile I need to give my brain a workout.

you should give it a try. It doesn't have to be a definitive list. I don't think that could be expected. It is tough on the mind I admit, but every once in awhile I need to give my brain a workout.

It is rather tough. I could have a top 5 for each and it still wouldn't be enough.

It is rather tough. I could have a top 5 for each and it still wouldn't be enough.

More Kung Fu movies! I think I like the idea!

XD

BASHER- Queen Boxer

CLASSIC SWORDPLAY-Deadly Breaking Sword

SHAOLIN - 36th Chamber of Shaolin

TOURNAMENT-KingBoxer

COMEDY- My Young Auntie

SHAPES-Warriors Two

FEMALE ACTION FILM-Wing Chun

BRUCEPLOITATION-The Big Boss

CRIME/DRAMA-The Boxer from Shangtung

TWO AGAINST ONE VILLAIN-Snake Deadly Act

3 AGAINST 1-Tough!! Will come back to it, Hell's Windstaff is a good one...

WEAPONS- Super Ninjas

NINJAS-Heroes of the East

ENSEMBLE-5 Shaolin Masters

NEW WAVE KUNG FU-Kung Fu Hustle

:):P:D

Thread bump!

Any new titles people may want to add?

I have a new list:

BASHER- The Prodigal Boxer

CLASSIC SWORDPLAY- The Chase aka Shanghai Killers

SHAOLIN - The 18 Bronzemen

TOURNAMENT-Duel of Fists