Need help IDing a particular martial arts movie

seeker1

Hello Kung Fu Cinema!

I need some help IDing a particular movie. It was dubbed in Vietnamese at the time.

At the beginning, I am almost certain it said "A Corey Yuen Film" or something. The title was all in Chinese, so that didn't help.

There's a group of gangsters who have put a lot of people in debt. Those who can't pay them off get their finger cut off in a bottle (or something of that matter).

The movie was centralized around a female cop. Someone (I think it was her mother) attempts to hook her up with a man, so she would make a good woman, but because of her personality and the nature of her job, she hates them all.

There was a chase scene with a burglar, and the cop was on her motorcycle. They ran through some staircases (while she was still on the bike) and she ended up cuffing him on the rail.

There was this huge, awesome cleaver fight, between a chef and some punks in the streets. It had something to do with gambling debts. Everyone had cleavers and were slashing/dodging each other.

I just remember somewhere around the end she was confronted with her twin sister or something like that (who had green hair, I believe), and she was part of some underground gang who would photoshop people's faces on posters to make money? She was talking about how she was better than her and "living it up" as opposed to being a cop like her sister.

Sorry if I'm very vague guys. I just know that there was a female cop that ran through a staircase with her motorcycle as the lead, and an awesome cleaver fight. Any helpful leads would be nice.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yeah, I was thinking MAHJONG DRAGON too. Right up until the twin sister with green hair. I don't remember that! It could be one of the gang girls the cop's always arguing with though.

Here's how you'll know for sure if it was MAHJONG DRAGON- Early in this film there's a scene where a mini-van full of gangsters are going through a carwash and they all try to kill one guy (who's also in the vehicle). They wind up getting out during the fight, and there's a fantastic shot where, still inside the carwash, the lone fighter is backlit by the sun from outside while he beats two guys down.

Later in the movie he fights a guy in an underground warehouse (for fruits and vegetables). During the fight they have to stay atop these wooden crates. Everytime their foot slips off, some bystander gets whacked with a machete or baseball bat. Eventually the hero puts coconut husks over his fists and beats his opponent (played by DRUNKEN MASTER 2's Ken Lo) into a pulp.

There's no way you could forget those two scenes if that's the movie you're remembering.

There's too much stupid comedy, but I still like the film, and love the action.

• Administrator

Yes, I agree they had great on-screen chemistry. But when she put that afro wig on him I just started groaning!:o I was impressed with her physical skills too. She was no spring chicken when this movie was made, but her stuff in the scaffolding scene was good, and I was rolling when she imitated the ladder scene from Jackie Chan's FIRST STRIKE.:D

Archived