Name that old school Kung Fu flick

inframan

There might be several of them but does anyone remember seeing an old school chop sockey where the villian has really long hair and has a blade tied in his hair to fight with?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, no, can't really remember anything else. Might have been on the USA network in the late 1980's, just a distant memory. I was just thinking I've watched a lot of Kung Fu movies since then and never saw the ol' hair with weapons in it since.

Well I know in "Assault of the Final Rival" Wong Tao uses his long braid to fight with. Also in "The Master" there's a white haired villian that has a blade or some kind of weapon in his long braid that he fights with. I'm sure there are alot others though.

It could also be Once Upon a Time In China part 1.

Ok you got me on that one, I have seen it since. I'm thinking it was more old "Kung Fu Theatre" type stuff. I'll check those other titles VF, thanks guys.

Fist of the Double K, an early John Woo film with Henry Yu Yung, and the guy with the blade in his hair was referred to as Pig Tail Liang.

Morgoth Bauglir

Another movie it could be is Stranger From Canton. i don't remember if the villain has a blade in his braid, but he does kill a lot of people with his braid.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I just had to add that there was a fighter in BEST OF THE BEST 2 that used this attack too.

Archived