Golgo 13 (1977)

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

Neither the film nor the Japanese poster have an English title, so....

Is it...?

GOLGO 13

GOLGO 13: ASSIGNMENT KOWLOON

GOLGO 13: KOWLOON ASSIGNMENT

Thanx.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually Golgo 13: Assignment Kowloon is the international title. The full japanese title is Golgo 13: Kûron no kubi (ゴルゴ13 九竜の首) which roughly translates into Golgo 13: Neck of the Nine Dragons. Hopefully, this is what you were looking for.

keep in mind there were 2 though, Assignment Kowloon is the one with Sonny Chiba and the one just called "Golgo 13" with Ken Takakura (i think)

The breakdown on the Golgo 13 titles are as follows:

Golgo 13 (1973)

Supposedly starring Ken Takakura. There is almost no info on this film at all. Thanks alot guys, this is going to drive me nuts. Seriously, has anyone seen this movie?

Golgo 13: Assignment Kowloon (1977)

aka Golgo 13: Neck of the Nine Dragons

The Professional: Golgo 13 (1983)

"Anime Movie"

Golgo 13: Queen Bee (1998)

"OVA"

Golgo 13 TV (2008)

"Anime Series"

50 episodes are scheduled for release. Series started in April and 15 episodes have been aired at this time.

Golgo 13 (1973)

Supposedly starring Ken Takakura. There is almost no info on this film at all. Thanks alot guys, this is going to drive me nuts. Seriously, has anyone seen this movie?

I remember reading about it. It also took place in a foreign country, just like the Sonny Chiba movie. I think it took place in the Middle East or North Africa. They didn't continue to make more of them because it was too expensive to film in foreign countries, and most of Golgo 13 takes place outside of Japan.

i'm pretty sure i've seen the ken takakura one for sale around the innanets somewhere, sorry i can't remember any specifics

A Japanese penpal once sent me the Ken Takakura Golgo 13 movie on videotape with no subs. It was set in Iran when the Shah was in charge.

Archived