Casanova Wong

Guest pressureworld

Guest Chinatown Kid

Yeah that end fight he has in Method Man aka Fearless Young Boxer has to be one of his best kicking performances next to The Master Strikes, my absolute favorite fight scene of Wong's is the Greenhouse fight against Kim Tai Chung(Tang Lung) in Game of Death II. Even though he loses, it's apparent he outclasses Kim in the kicking department though Kim is a fine kicker himself!

I believe that is the poster for The Wonderman of Shaolin (possibly an altertnate title for Magnificent Wonderman).

I've never seen the Master Killers, I think that one starred Wong with Phillip Ko and Blackie Ko(?) aka, Ko Shou-Liang.

I have The Master Killers with Casanova, Philip, and Blacky Ko, who used the alias "Yuan Lung". The two Kos were also the action directors of the film. It was really a good movie IMO.

I also liked Casanova Wong in The Warriors of Kung Fu, where he played a blind kicker who reunites with his deaf-mute brother, played by Bruce Pak a.k.a. Mario Chan a.k.a. Billy Yuen. It was one of those made in Korea movies, but he and Billy made the film look good and the action was sweet, but the acting overall...ugh! :P

• Like 1

Guest Hermeskungfu

I am pretty sure the poster is for Magnifcant Wonderman, aka Magnificent Wonderman from Shaolin as that is the lovely Gam Ching Lan upfront. Perhaps the strange fingers are about the so-called air blade palm technique which Cassanova counters with the fire blade technique (fuelled by the sun) learnt from the usual secret manual. He plays an idiot for much of the film. Anything by Godfrey Ho is bound to be a bit strange but I can't remember any fight with men with what look like paper bags over their heads!

I can't read Cantonese but if those are show times at the bottom it confirms what I read somewhere that film lengths were tailored to local cinemas and distributors would often cut films to make them fit. Apparently in the 60's / 70's some cinemas would put on live kung fu demonstrations between showings.

I just finished watching 'North Shoalin vs South Shaolin' and was impressed with the fight scenes in the this film, especially the final fight between Casanova and Han ying.......awesome!

What are the must have films starring Casanova Wong? Can you recommend some titles? :cool:

Thanks!

• Like 1

Chinatown Kid

Some of my faves:

The Master Strikes

Warriors 2

Fearless Young Boxer

He also has great cameo fights in Shadow of the Tiger and Game of Death 2

• Like 1

I would also add:

Shaolin Plot - his debut role, features some of his best kicking under Sammo's action direction. In the final fight he teams up with Kwon Young Moon against Chen Sing in one of the best old skool fights ever!

Magnificent Wonderman - Enjoyably odd shaolin movie from Godfrey Ho which takes a bit of time to get anywhere, but culminates in a great end fight

Ninja In the claw of the CIA - Not to everyones taste to be sure, extremely cheesy and funny as hell (intentionally and unintentionally), great fights and so cool to see John Liu and Casanova together on screen

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir

You HAVE to see Avenging Boxer.

EDIT- oops, I think CHinatown Kid listed that. Anyways, that's my favorite performance of his that I can think of right now.

• Like 1

Chinatown Kid
You HAVE to see Avenging Boxer.

EDIT- oops, I think CHinatown Kid listed that. Anyways, that's my favorite performance of his that I can think of right now.

Yeah it's easy to mix up the aka's on that film Morgoth as it's known by at least 3 I believe: Fearless Young Boxer, Avenging Boxer and Method Man. Cas is great as the villain in this flick and the endfight in the barn is awesome with Wong really getting to kick up a storm.

• Like 1

:cool:Thanks guys, I have all those mention with the exception of 'Shaolin Plot'. Are there any rare films of Wong that are worth adding to my collection?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Chinatown Kid

He's in another film called The Magnificent with Chen Sing and has some pretty good fights but it's not rare, you probably have already seen it as well. ;)

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir

Monk Sante have you seen Master Killers? Cassanova is quite good in that movie. Bolo Yeung and Blacky Ko also do good work, and Phillip Ko is on the top of his game. One of his many performances that will make your jaw drop.

• Like 1

Guest Markgway
Magnificent Wonderman - Enjoyably odd shaolin movie from Godfrey Ho which takes a bit of time to get anywhere, but culminates in a great end fight

That movie was Korean. Godfrey Ho had nothing to do with its production.

Monk Sante have you seen Master Killers? Cassanova is quite good in that movie. Bolo Yeung and Blacky Ko also do good work, and Phillip Ko is on the top of his game. One of his many performances that will make your jaw drop.

I agree Master Killers was great. Never thought that Blacky Ko was such an amazing martial artist at the time. I only knew him as a motorcycle and car stuntman at the time. He really impressed me as Casanova did as well. I agree, this was easily one of Philip's best films too.

As for Casanova Wong, I recommend "Story of the Drunken Master". I have this on VHS under Drunken Fist Boxing. It stars Simon Yuen, Casanova, Sharon Yeung Pan-Pan, and Yam Sai-Koon as the "son of Thunderfoot", Sun-Yi. He seeks revenge against Sam Seed, who has 3 new students in Yeung, Wong, and another guy.

He did have a memorable fight in Duel to the Death when he takes on a band of ninjas using both his sword and his powerful kicks.

My favorite Casanova film, as CK mentioned, is definitely The Master Strikes. The trio of Wong, Meng Yuen-Man, and Tony Ching Siu-Tung just are too damn awesome here!!!

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane

Check out the movie BLOW UP, if you can find it. '82 Taiwanese modern day lowbudget flick with Wong and Kwan Yung Moon!

I don't know why, but I really seem to enjoy these rather bad low budget contempo flicks like HARD BASTARD, BUDDHIST FIST AND TIGER CLAW and this film..... they are not for everybody, but I enjoy them!

• Like 1

Chinatown Kid

Yeah Hard Bastard and Buddhist Fist and Tiger Claws feature great boot action even though they look incredibly cheap. I had forgot about Master Killers with Cas, it does feature some great action as well. Seems like Wong was in some 90's Korean flicks where he looked pretty good, Blues of Chongro with Dragon Lee was one of them I believe.

• Like 1

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgFk2E-EpfI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgFk2E-EpfI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> he was amesome in this movie

it got me back to watching oldschool

• Like 1

Love his appearance in Duel of the Seven Tigers. His fight against Cliff Lok showed exactly why some call him The Human Tornado. I counted 15 consecutive spin kicks before switching to his next technique.

• Like 1

Yeah I also love his fight in Duel of the 7 Tigers. Every flying kick he does is worthy of a poster.

I keep hearing good things about that movie : )

• Like 1

kingofkungfu2002

Cassanova Wong is coming to the UK :bigsmile:

Meet him at 'The Martial Arts Show Live - NEC Birmingham - 12th & 13th May 2012' :nerd:

• Like 1

Cassanova Wong is coming to the UK :bigsmile:

Meet him at 'The Martial Arts Show Live - NEC Birmingham - 12th & 13th May 2012' :nerd:

wow thats awesome!

• Like 1