I hope someone can give me the tite of this movie

kenpojeb

I grew up on the classic Kung-fu movies on Sat afternoons. There's one in particular that I remember but I don't know the name. As I remember, there are 3 fighters who either challenge or ar challenged by 1 fighter. It's suppose to be friendly and it would have been. One of the 3 uses a pole. His special move is placing the tip of his pole against his opponents chest then striking the other end causing a vibration. Before the fight, someone (probably another evil Manchu plot) replaced his pole with an explosive one. Whe he fights the guys and strikes the pole, it explodes and kills the guy. Now everyone is against him. Even his friends.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

The movie your trying to remember is the great Venoms flick- THE MAGNIFICENT RUFFIANS!

SPOILER ALERT***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Kwok Choi is the guy with the pole, and he tells everyone "Anyone who touches my pole dies". Lu Feng plays a spoiled, rich, psychotic that wants to practice his martial arts skills, so he tricks fighters into "friendly" matches, then kills them. He puts the explosive in Kwok's pole, which subsequently kills Lo Meng.

Archived