Gordon Liu: Master Killer Collection

Way of the Dragon

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Fist And Guts" is the only film in that collection worth owning (imo). The other two films arent terrible, but you're not missing anything if you dont see em (pretty average).

Way of the Dragon
"Fist And Guts" is the only film in that collection worth owning (imo). The other two films arent terrible, but you're not missing anything if you dont see em (pretty average).

Ok thanks! But 'Shaolin Drunken Monk' is ment to be good, thats what the amazon reviews said it was. 'Fists and Guts' is bound to be a good one, just because of that title lol!

oldeschool17
Ok thanks! But 'Shaolin Drunken Monk' is ment to be good, thats what the amazon reviews said it was. 'Fists and Guts' is bound to be a good one, just because of that title lol!

facepalmpicardux9.jpg

Morgoth Bauglir

I enjoyed all 3 movies. Shaolin Drunken Monk is really cheesy and cheap, but I liked the fights. The fights aren't like some of the best you will ever see, but you could do much worse. And Warrior From Shaolin is a crappy movie, but it has some REALLY good fights, especially the finale.

I really want to get some Gordon Liu films and i found this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Martial-Arts-Master-Killer-Collection/dp/B000A3XYC8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1223054483&sr=1-1

Is it a good boxset?

I heard 'Shaolin Drunken Monk' is a good film

It's not really worth getting unless you're a die hard Gordon Liu fan.

I don't know which you've seen, but I consider these to be the essentials (in no particular order:

36th Chamber of Shaolin

Return To The 36th Chamber

Disciples of the 36th Chamber

Clan of the White Lotus

Martial Club

Heroes of the East (!)

8th Diagram Pole Fighter

Dirty Ho

Challenge of the Masters

Also, his part in Shaolin Martial Arts is not very big, but worth checking out.

Way of the Dragon
It's not really worth getting unless you're a die hard Gordon Liu fan.

I don't know which you've seen, but I consider these to be the essentials (in no particular order:

36th Chamber of Shaolin

Return To The 36th Chamber

Disciples of the 36th Chamber

Clan of the White Lotus

Martial Club

Heroes of the East (!)

8th Diagram Pole Fighter

Dirty Ho

Challenge of the Masters

Also, his part in Shaolin Martial Arts is not very big, but worth checking out.

These were the ones i was thinking about getting, they are ment to be the best! I cant get hold of them in the UK though. Im going to have to get a multi-regional dvd player.

These were the ones i was thinking about getting, they are ment to be the best! I cant get hold of them in the UK though. Im going to have to get a multi-regional dvd player.

Yes you are, and pronto! You will not regret it I guarantee.

:)

Hi,

Shaolin Drunk Monk is a great film, with wicked shapes and kicking action. As far as production value and plotline are concerned,

not far removed from any other example of the kung fu genre, of the time .......

Manozen

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn41-JIMLQU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn41-JIMLQU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I enjoyed all 3 movies. Shaolin Drunken Monk is really cheesy and cheap, but I liked the fights. The fights aren't like some of the best you will ever see, but you could do much worse. And Warrior From Shaolin is a crappy movie, but it has some REALLY good fights, especially the finale.

I completely agree with you Morgoth. I literally just finished watching Warrior from Shaolin a few minutes ago. The movie itself is not great, but pretty good fights between Gordon and Kar Wing. Fist and Guts had a decent end fight between Gordon and Lo Lieh. I can't remember Shaolin Drunken Monk too well; haven't watched it in years.

Morgoth Bauglir

No it's not remastered. None of Tai Seng's Martial Arts Theater releases are remastered.

jstn glad you liked Warrior From Shaolin. Really amazing handwork from Gordon in that final fight. I had trouble making it to the final fight, but man I'm glad that I did.

Way of the Dragon

If i get a multi-regional player i can get the HK versions, they have English Subtitles.

Im going to have to save some money up first.

Oh my god i can get loads of awesome Kung Fu films with a multi-regional player :)

UK sucks with their dvd releases, they dont release many and the ones they do are mostly dubbed, obviously i prefer subtitled.

Archived