seaman no'7 Wang Yu .. never seen it .. worth it?

Guest tigerstyles

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is a wang yu classic he has bar fights, fights underwater and has james tien with white hair, can't go wrong with this one.

Guest ironfistedmonk2003

I thought it was decent, if you do check it out you can always have a laugh at James Tien with blond hair and a very pink wardrobe

Guest saltysam

have a dvd-r of the old english dubbed rank vhs,slightly letterboxed.not a bad movie,good fun watching some familiar faces in the mix.

Guest shukocarl

Yep, I have the old Rank version...you know what you are getting with Jimmy. James Tien's hair is a hoot!

As an aside, this was going to be Bruce Lee's third film with Lo Wei (then it was called Stern Faced Tiger). It would have been intresting to see what Lee would have done with it.

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee

It's a good laugh to see Jimmy jumping around with his trademark cocky expression like its some quaintly ineffectual super-power.

Killer Meteor
It's a good laugh to see Jimmy jumping around with his trademark cocky expression like its some quaintly ineffectual super-power.

Not to mention his wolf whistling!

Killer Meteor
If you're a Wang Yu fan, then you can't do much better.

I beg to differ. I thought it was slow and dull - like Lo Wei forgot how to direct after his many good Shaw films and the double Bruce-whammy. Wang Yu did much better with his Taiwanese efforts,

I do find the film interesting in that it shows Wang learning about Japanese culture and karate - makes a nice change.

James Tien's outfits and his boy-toy sumo did provide a nice Chang Cheh moment lol.

If you're a Wang Yu fan, then you can't do much better.

It's an OK movie in my view but he has many much better ones: BEACH OF THE WAR GODS, CHINESE BOXER, ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN, ONE-ARMED BOXER, POINT THE FINGER OF DEATH, TRAIL OF THE BROKEN BLADE, FURIOUS SLAUGHTER, BRAVE AND THE EVIL just to name a few!

TibetanWhiteCrane

One Armed Boxer and Master Of The Flying Guillotine are stone cold classic in my book, but outside of those, I don't think i've ever really liked any other Wang Yu flicks.

It's an OK movie in my view but he has many much better ones: BEACH OF THE WAR GODS, CHINESE BOXER, ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN, ONE-ARMED BOXER, POINT THE FINGER OF DEATH, TRAIL OF THE BROKEN BLADE, FURIOUS SLAUGHTER, BRAVE AND THE EVIL just to name a few!

Of the ones you mentioned, only One Armed Boxer and maybe Furious Slaughter would I rank ahead of it. I know One Armed Swordsman is an important and seminal film, but it just didn't do anything for me. Actually preferred Return of the One Armed Swordsman.

Enjoyment of Jimmy's films tends to be rather... subjective.

Killer Meteor

I enjoy most of Wang Yu's output, main exceptions being his flicks with Lo Wei in 1973 and Return Of The Chinese Boxer.

One Armed Boxer and Master Of The Flying Guillotine are stone cold classic in my book, but outside of those, I don't think i've ever really liked any other Wang Yu flicks.

Those are my top two also (along with Zatoichi Meets the One Armed Swordsman). One Armed Boxer has more consistently crazed energy to it than almost any other movie I can think of.

TibetanWhiteCrane
Those are my top two also (along with Zatoichi Meets the One Armed Swordsman). One Armed Boxer has more consistently crazed energy to it than almost any other movie I can think of.

It really does, just mental. I love how in the original trailer they say "a movie of documentary realism"...... really.... REALLY? If ever there were a claim for false advertising....

OpiumKungFuCracker

7 magnificent fights sound so much better as a martial arts title. What's long and hard and full of semen?

A Submarine, hahahhahah!!!

How about THE SWORD, MAGNIFICENT CHIVALRY and INVINCIBLE SWORD?

Archived