Any Hitchcock fans?

teako170

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I had Bluray but no money for that. Rope, Rear Window, Stage Fright, The Lady Vanished are my favorites. The other film of his I absolutely loved was Shadow of a Doubt, but I preferred the Hallmark Special remake with Mark Harmon to the original. Joseph Cotton was a tad too wooden for my tastes.

I grew up watching Alfred Hitchcock presents with my Grandmother when I was little, and over the years I love watching his movies, many Great Directors like Brian De Palma have said that Alfred Hitchcock was there mentor as Directors. But I think his TV series Alfred Hitchcock presents is some of the best TV episodes ever made right up there with the Twilight Zone. I think Hollywood did an injustice by remaking his classic PSYCHO with Vince Vaughn! You don't mess with some classics! And nobody can out do Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates!

masterofoneinchpunch
No individual releases?

I only want two of them really... lol

Out of curiosity which two?

... And nobody can out do Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates!

Great performance and probably unfortunately typecast him as well. Kind of what House of Wax did for Vincent Price (and Frankenstein for Boris Karloff) :D.

Great performance and probably unfortunately typecast him as well. Kind of what House of Wax did for Vincent Price (and Frankenstein for Boris Karloff) :D.

@masterofoneinchpunch: Yes your right about that!

I grew up watching Alfred Hitchcock presents with my Grandmother when I was little, and over the years I love watching his movies, many Great Directors like Brian De Palma have said that Alfred Hitchcock was there mentor as Directors. But I think his TV series Alfred Hitchcock presents is some of the best TV episodes ever made right up there with the Twilight Zone. I think Hollywood did an injustice by remaking his classic PSYCHO with Vince Vaughn! You don't mess with some classics! And nobody can out do Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates!

I loved watching Alfred Hitchock presents and I even read "The Three Investigators" series for which Hitch wrote the forward....and of course the magazine series. I agree about the remake of Psycho - it was absolutely horrible - they did exactly all the camera angles he did, added nothing but that weird man in rabbit suit/sex scene at the bottom of the stairs. What the Hell was that? The actors should have shot for doing that film - it was that bad - starting with the director and anyone that funded it.

Recently revisited The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956) and Under Capricorn.

I had watched the latter on a beat-up VHS tape years ago. The DVD was much crisper and I enjoyed it more.

Setting to watch The Paradine Case again in the near future.

Only watched it once prior and I recall it being the worst of his "talkies."

odioustrident

He directed an episode for the tv series Suspicion - "Four O'Clock." Surprisingly not that great.

Got myself a ticket for a one-off cinema screening of remastered silent "The Ring" with a newly composed live score... should be interesting. Not seen it before.

Nice. Enjoy P. I posted a spoiler/pic on the IMDb years back.

Well, its more of a behind-the-scenes trivia thing than spoiler...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0018328/board/thread/31287261

Got myself a ticket for a one-off cinema screening of remastered silent "The Ring" with a newly composed live score... should be interesting. Not seen it before.

Archived