Journey of the Doomed (1985)

Sentswordsman

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The plot was very uninteresting and the action and choreography was very boring. The only cool thing was the unremorseful slaughtering of all the nude girls in the brothel by Kara Hui and her companion. That scene was in the first 30 minutes and the rest of the movie was pretty much junk.

And oh yeah No English Dub

The only thing that would of sucked, Eng Dub. Movie is really good. not much insight here. I can see why it's a cult favorite and got a US release. any movie with kara, naked girls in a brothel, heros being blown up at the end is a must see.

gravedigger666

There is maybe 10 ok mins in the end but I would not recommend this to anyone.Movie is really awful.Only reason buy this is if you have extra money and want to support company,movie itself is worth less than used toilet paper.

I can see why it's a cult favorite and got a US release. any movie with kara, naked girls in a brothel, heros being blown up at the end is a must see.

Cult favorite? What cult are you referring to? And by the way, Kara is only in the movie for about 15 minutes.

Hmmmmmm I have mixed feeling on this. While SO far this is my least favorite Shaw flick, but it's not a terrible movie IMO. What strucck me as being a 1985 (late release) close to the end of the Shaw movies, it felt...off. I don't know how to describe it.

odioustrident

I thought they were going for an 80's fantasy rock-opera type thing. Its probably the biggest odd man out in the whole Shaw Bros. canon.

Its also one of the only Shaw movies that feels definitely "80's" by Western standards, so that alone I guess makes it a cult film.

I thought they were going for an 80's fantasy rock-opera type thing. Its probably the biggest odd man out in the whole Shaw Bros. canon.

Its also one of the only Shaw movies that feels definitely "80's" by Western standards, so that alone I guess makes it a cult film.

GREAT way to describe it...but for me the "rock opera" didn't feel fitting. Maybe it was between that, and the real 80's feel that thru me off...I will def watch it again sometime though.

Archived