Awaken the Dragon

daisho2004

I thought this might spark some interest so I posted here to find out what you Guys think.

Awaken the Dragon

Synopsis

* Movie Details

* Full Synopsis

* Cast & Crew

* Related Movies

The Shield's executive producer Kurt Sutter is set to write and direct an update of Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon with Awaken the Dragon, a modern film noir picture that follows an FBI agent as he infiltrates the world of underground fight clubs while tracking a Shaolin monk. ~ Jeremy Wheeler, All Movie Guide

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... the synopisis makes it sounds like pretty much every other b-movie that ever tried something simular.

A movie like this will either fail or succeed depending on the performances and the action and directing etc.

So who will star, who will direct, etc.

Cant say it shouts 'original' to me.

Yeah that plot has been done to death but I'd be willing to give it a chance. With a great choreographer and someone like Tony Jaa, Donnie Yen or maybe even Jet Li to star and skilled MAs in the supporting cast it could be very interesting. I'd say even get some old MA stars like Seagal and Van Damme in there for nostalgia. :D

The idea is interesting but pretty unoriginal. As Chinatown Kid said, get a skilled choreographer, and people who are actually martial artists and it could be good. In my opinion, Donnie Yen would be a good choice. We all know he admires Bruce a lot, and he could inject a bit of his SPL/Flash Point styled choreo (without going into MMA) and pull it off well.

Yi-Long, it says that that Kurt Sutter guy will direct.

There's always room for a good new martial arts movie, but you need the right star, someone who looks like he can really fight and who does all his own stunts, but who also has a good screen presence and can even act a little. Plus you need a director and fight choreographer who genuinely care about good fight scenes. There've been good potential stars--think Mark Dacascos and Michael Jai White, to name a couple, but nobody to put them in the movies they belonged in. And I'd love to see Van Damme as a villain. I think he would have been great in the Eric Roberts role in D.O.A.

Archived