The Last Blood (1991)

Guest Morgoth

Guest Morgoth

How is the action in this movie? Shootouts? Hand to hand? The cast looks good, but it is a Wong Jing movie so i don't know if I should get it. Is it watchable?

Guest goliamoto

It's a non stop action movie. There are shootouts, fights, car chasings, violence againts innocent people , some comedy too by Eric Tsang...It's a very enjoyable movie. I would rate it with a 7 out of 10.

Guest Markgway
It's a non stop action movie. There are shootouts, fights, car chasings, violence againts innocent people , some comedy too by Eric Tsang...It's a very enjoyable movie. I would rate it with a 7 out of 10.

Lol, that about sums it up.

Though I'd only give it maybe 5 or 6 out of 10.

If all you want really is mindless gun action check it out.

Guest Morgoth

thanks for the info. A 7/10 and a 5 or 6/10, sounds good for a Wong Jing movie. I love mindless action, escpecially when its nonstop. I will be sure to post on here after I see it.

Guest chen lung
Oh sweet it has Chin Ho in it! Such a cool looking villain. I am moving this to the top of my netflix list right now. Thanks for the review.

Who's Chin Ho?

This flick was quite controversial in the UK back when it came out, as it was tagged as "Hard Boiled 2"!

It's a fun film, completely over the top, and full of violence - enjoyable, but calling HB2!! come on!!! :confused:

Guest Markgway

Eastern Heroes retitled the film Hard Boiled 2 for commerical reasons, natch. It has lots of guns and a finale set in a hospital, but otherwise zero connection whatsoever. In fact it was actually made a year or two BEFORE Hard-Boiled, lol. If you've ever wanted to see Alan Tam as a tough guy this is your chance.

Guest chen lung
Eastern Heroes retitled the film Hard Boiled 2 for commerical reasons, natch. It has lots of guns and a finale set in a hospital, but otherwise zero connection whatsoever. In fact it was actually made a year or two BEFORE Hard-Boiled, lol. If you've ever wanted to see Alan Tam as a tough guy this is your chance.

And Chin Ho licking his gun :P.

"Wataao!" = Bee (Andy Lau).

Guest chilly bong

I love this movie. As already mentioned once it gets going it's pretty much non stop. Not much in the way of hand-to-hand (a few seconds here and there) but the shoot outs are well done and the body count is high.

Guest dragonherb

Didn't like this movie. Mainly because it's so sloppy in structure but I wasn't really digging the action-scenes either. I'm putting it to my trade-list :P

I rate it 8/10.

Had it been more on the serious side, like something by Ringo Lam or John Woo, it would have been better.

The story lends itself to the sort of dilemmas Woo likes his characters to go through.

Chu Liu Hsiang

Really enjoyed it. Mabe it would be even better if someone else had played Alan Tam's part. At first sight I did not recognize beardless Beardy I just thought he looked so familiar :D Love this kind of "breathless" movie. 

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane
2 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

Really enjoyed it. Mabe it would be even better if someone else had played Alan Tam's part. At first sight I did not recognize beardless Beardy I just thought he looked so familiar :D Love this kind of "breathless" movie. 

My number 1 favorite HK movie of all time... probably watched 40-50 times since 1996.

• Like 4

One Armed Boxer
4 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

My number 1 favorite HK movie of all time... probably watched 40-50 times since 1996.

Only TWC would pick his number 1 HK flick to be one that takes place almost entirely in Singapore!

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane
3 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Only TWC would pick his number 1 HK flick to be one that takes place almost entirely in Singapore!

That's right, I'm a contrarian.

• Like 1