The Green Hornet (2010) - Seth Rogen, Jay Chou, Cameron Diaz, Christoph Waltz

AlbertV

OpiumKungFuCracker

Indeed very insightful review I must say ShaOW!linDude... I would love a reboot with George Clooney as The Green Hornet and Donnie yen as Kato along with Van Williams in a cameo....

I would love a reboot with George Clooney as The Green Hornet and Donnie yen as Kato along with Van Williams in a cameo....

OKFC: I think George Clooney's Caped Crusader days are over after Batman, but I think Donnie Yen as Kato is a good look, I still think you need to go a little younger on both parts, and I agree with ShaOW!linDude for a PG-13 movie it did have a lot of foul language, my only gripe is that a lot of younger kids did go and see it.

ShaOW!linDude
Are you sure? No mention of any strong language here:

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/DFF270956

Cool site.

My statement is an overexageration in that the I wouldn't consider the use of the profanity in the film as "moderate" but rather pervasive. And, yes, the F-bomb was used along with flipping one another off once or twice.

I realize that PG-13 ratings allow for a certain amount of language and content. I also realize some films push those boundaries as much as they can. I kind of hate that that kind of language is exemplified when the vocabulary of any language is so much more expressive. Why confine yourself to 12 or so terms of expression that become immediately redundant? But we all know how juveniles are and this type of language will be considered funny by them because they know a person really shouldn't talk like that though a lot of folks do. I mean, I did at that age.

(Sorry, I'm soapboxing, aren't I?)

ShaOW!linDude

I don't think I'm buying this until it's in the $5 bin at Walmart and it'll probably be a big mental debate then. I just don't think I care to won this.

One Armed Boxer
This is the best Kato they could find? He looks like a chinese pop star/singer.

Well as it happens....:tongue:

It's Jay Chou, & he is a pop star/singer, all be it a Taiwanese one not Chinese.

His other notable roles for genre fans have been in the movies 'Curse of the Golden Flower' alongside Chow Yun Fat & Gong Li, 'Kung-fu Dunk' which is best ignored, 'True Legend' where he plays one of a pair of God's, the other being the legendary Gordon Liu, & 'The Treasure Hunter', which is also pretty throwaway but has it's moments.

lillippa328

it was good....james franco part was funny....

its like some pineapple express type humor...typical seth rogan/judd apatow/will ferrell type humor, if you dont like theyre imrproved comedy you probly wont like this....

i thought it was hilarious, and the fights were what i expected

I'm actually looking forward to see this. I like Jay Chou. That guy has some serious charisma (judging from Kung Fu Dunk alone)

dionbrother

I thought it sucked canal water, and it had me honestly reassessing if I am getting too old to bother with seeing movies like this in a theater.

Liked Rogen in OBSERVE & REPORT, but he's beyond terrible in this flick. Jay Chou was wasted and there was little martial arts or heroics to speak of.

The filmmakers had no clue what to do with the HORNET concept. Easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

thats what happens when a producer puts himself in the lead role....should have been a little more serious instead joke after imbecille joke....i guess this was a comedy of some sort.Like a slapstick of a crime movie

Cognoscente

I would have liked this more if it had been made in the early noughties with George Clooney and Jet Li as originally planned.

• Like 1