The Green Hornet (2010) - Seth Rogen, Jay Chou, Cameron Diaz, Christoph Waltz

AlbertV

its amazing how much weight Seth Rogan lost for this movie...good job Seth...taking this movie role seriously (i rmember in an interview he said he needed to get more in shape for this movie)

and Jay kinda...looks like Jet Li in black mask lol

I think the double (didn't look like Chou) was there only for the explosions scene. Not sure though. The other pic looked like Chou for sure.

MissScarlett101

Still lame. ::said in proclamation voice:: From this day forwaaaard, Chou is going to have to work very hard to convince me he's not a girly-man :yociexp66:

I think the double (didn't look like Chou) was there only for the explosions scene. Not sure though. The other pic looked like Chou for sure.

froffeecoffee

After seeing the trailer I have a higher opinion of the movie. At least it's not going to be the flat-out comedy that some were fearing.

Still, it's not at the top of my must-see list.

Guest Yi-Long

I thought the trailer looked like shit. Absolutely nothing interesting to see in that trailer that would convince me to go watch that movie.

Ow, and apparently youtube removes negative comments on that page concerning the trailer...:crossedlips:

I posted 'meh... I'm glad Stephen Chow decided he wasn't going to waste his time and talent on this movie', and I guess that was harsh enough for it to be removed...(!) :yociexp115: How fucking sad is that!?

Did they get Chin Kar Lok as Chou double? His GREEN HORNET film was...interesting.

Doubt it, but I have a good idea that possibly Andy Cheng may be one of Chou's doubles. He was there to work on stunts so I wouldn't be surprised if he is one of the doubles.

:tongue:Saw the trailer and was shocked to say the least!! I didn't expect that kind of film and man they almost made Kato like the the leader or at least the guy that teaches Britt what to do and how to be the Green Hornet!! Alot of faith given to Jay Chou and I will reserve my thoughts until I see the movie.

I'm not going in expecting great screen fighting........so maybe I'll enjoy it!!

It looks OK but it didn't have to necessarily be "The Green Hornet", this has the look and feel of any other typical Hollywood ordinary becomes crimefighter film with stunts and humour, but they have an advantage of character names and a background from the original film to base it on. It looks fun for what it is though. I liked the end of the trailer with the traffic camera.

Doubt it, but I have a good idea that possibly Andy Cheng may be one of Chou's doubles. He was there to work on stunts so I wouldn't be surprised if he is one of the doubles.

I was kidding (but it would be cool) and hoping to get opinions on his and Lam Ching Ying's GREEN HORNET film.

Looks pretty good, I just hope that the action scenes aren't in slow motion like in this trailer, that would suck!

OpiumKungFuCracker

This movie is gettin some tremendous buzz right now.. It was recently screened at a private show in Austin and here are some positive feedback from that show....

The Haligonian, a BNAT virgin, loses his mind at BUTT-NUMB-A-THON: THE DIRTY DOZENTH!!!

This was the biggest surprise of the new films for me. I had been hoping for the best since I first heard of all the ups and downs this production went through. Gondry and Seth Rogen and Jay Chou and Christoph Waltz bring so much crazy energy to this great action-comedy. THE GREEN HORNET gets action-comedy just right, with a perfect blend of the two. Can't wait to see this one again. Kato-Vision rocks so much. A gleefully destructive action-comedy.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47743

Rogen’s Green Hornet is apparently great!

“It rocks. I fucking loved it. It’s like Iron Man meets Arthur, the Dudley Moore movie. It’s funny, but it’s got lottsa cool action in it too. Rogen is good – i just couldn’t stop looking at how skinny he was – but he’s overstaged by Waltz and Chou, even Cameron Diaz is tolerable. It just looks so cool… it’s going to give this Tron flick a run for it’s money with the visuals. Probably got a better story too”.

Nordling takes on BNAT 12 - Drive Angry, Green Hornet, Welles, Sinatra, Tron and more!

Now, I can't review GREEN HORNET in any real detail. I'd like to. In fact, if I were to write it up with any real specificity this would be the longest of these reviews. But I feel i must say this. Although this is being released in January, traditionally a dump-month for the studios, I must insist that this isn't a dump kind of film. I have no idea what kind of box office this will make. But this was for me the most pleasant surprise of all the premieres at BNAT. I really, really loved THE GREEN HORNET, and all I can say to you is that I urge you to see it with an open mind and and prepare to have a metric ****-ton of fun with it. I'm not bull****ting saying this, not trying to get into anyone's good graces. An honest assessment of THE GREEN HORNET - it's really ****ing good.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47717

Review: BNAT 12 features early looks at 'Rango,' 'Cowboys and Aliens,' 'Green Hornet' and more

Although we didn't see it in 3D, we did see a mostly finished print of "The Green Hornet," and my main reaction to the film is one of pleased relief. It is a big fat pleasure, a knowing tweak of the superhero genre that coasts along on the very-real chemistry between Seth Rogen and Jay Chou through a less-focused first half before finally clicking into focus with a wild and entertaining second half. The film plays it straight at times, and at other times it's pure unhinged comedy, and the combination works. Michel Gondry turns out to be an inspired choice for the material, and even his genre-standard montages have a loony energy that's all his. The action is fun, Christoph Waltz chews some scenery as the bad guy, and by the end, I was eager for a next adventure with the Green Hornet and Kato. I'll have a full review of the film as we get closer to release, but suffice it to say it will be an enthusiastic one.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured/posts/review-buttnumbathon-12-features-early-looks-at-rango-cowboys-and-aliens-green-hornet-and-more

ShaOW!linDude

Butt-Numb-A-Thon?

That's hilarious!:tongue: How many movies constitute a BNAT? I want to go to one someday!

Thanks for posting those, OKFC. Gives me faith. Plan on seeing this on the big screen.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Butt-Numb-A-Thon?

That's hilarious!:tongue: How many movies constitute a BNAT? I want to go to one someday!

Thanks for posting those, OKFC. Gives me faith. Plan on seeing this on the big screen.

Me too dude, hopefully next year I get into one of those Bnat.. It's a 24 hr movie marathon held at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin.. Not sure how many movies they get to see, mostly secret screenings..