Marco Polo 馬哥波羅 (1975)

shaolindogpaw

Why can't i watch this movie? I've tried 7 times now. I really want to watch it but i fall asleep 30 minutes in most of the time. The rest of the time I get so bored with it that i watch something else. Tonight, i will prop my eyelids open with toothpicks and chain myself to a chair.

Anyone else have movies like this in their lives? This is the worst one for me for some odd reason. I can sit through every Toxic Avenger movie, every Godfrey Ho movie, no problem. But I just can't watch Marco Polo. :mad:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed this movie.

This is gonna quickly turn into one of those "What movies do you hate/love" threads that we've never seen before.

Marco Polo is awesome. Work your way through it. The training scenes are quite good, and there's no chance in hell you can fall asleep when Tong Yim Chaan tears the whole place apart at the end.

Master of the Flying Guiollotine is a movie that I can't sit through more than 20 minutes without either falling asleep or just deciding to watch another movie.

I can under stand why you can't sit through Marco, it does drag on in places. But, I do like Marco Polo, when I started collecting shaws about 10 years ago, it was one of the first movies I traded for.

usual suspects.. tried 6 times cant get past 30 minute mark

Marco polo is a classic.. dont drag for me.. great traing scenes and fights aplenty good drama

Star Richard Harrison had nothing but good things to say about working with Chang Cheh although he had a far better experience on BOXER REBELLION than MP as he said his part mostly required him to stand around and observe. Humorously, CC refers to Harrison as British in his memoirs.

Why can't i watch this movie? I've tried 7 times now. I really want to watch it but i fall asleep 30 minutes in most of the time.

You're not the only one S-Paw. Apparently the chap below doesn't care for it too much either...

marcopo.jpg

I dug this movie a lot, especially the end - Fu Sheng vs Beardy - Kuo Chui vs Wang Lung-Wei - times like this I miss the smoking smiley with the pimp hat.

Why can't i watch this movie? I've tried 7 times now. I really want to watch it but i fall asleep 30 minutes in most of the time. The rest of the time I get so bored with it that i watch something else. Tonight, i will prop my eyelids open with toothpicks and chain myself to a chair.

Anyone else have movies like this in their lives? This is the worst one for me for some odd reason. I can sit through every Toxic Avenger movie, every Godfrey Ho movie, no problem. But I just can't watch Marco Polo. :mad:

Challenge of the Masters put me to sleep last night. Marco Polo has the same effect on me.

I'm glad you guys gave your opinions about the movie. I was finally able to watch all of it last night. After the first 30minutes of the movie it actually gets pretty good. The training scenes were great and the ending was exciting.

My only problem was at the end when the two guys get taken out by arrows. Both of them were shot in the belt area because they couldn't figure out how to glue some arrows on their bodys? It just looked silly. An arrow was shot through Mifune's neck in Throne of Blood and it looked real. Besides that, it was pretty cool.

My only problem was at the end when the two guys get taken out by arrows. Both of them were shot in the belt area because they couldn't figure out how to glue some arrows on their bodys? It just looked silly. An arrow was shot through Mifune's neck in Throne of Blood and it looked real. Besides that, it was pretty cool.

Well the belt area was Chi Kuan Chun's only weak spot after practicing the "Bell Cover Kung Fu", so that's the only place the arrows would penetrate his skin, if that makes sense. Don't remember the other one, it was Tong Yim Chaan right? No explaination there I'm afraid. :D

This flick is a classic, although I would've loved to see more dialogue from Harrison's character. I thought the scene where the Mongolian boxers were showing their stuff was pretty cool.

shaolin drunkard
I thought the scene where the Mongolian boxers were showing their stuff was pretty cool.
That is best part of movie,rest of it is also very good.One thing I did not like where one of "good guys" develop superhuman strenght and handles those stones like they are as heavy as feather.

shaolin drunkard
I love this film. Kuo Chui is great in it, too.

Definitely...quite small role really but even from that easy to see he has lot potential as actor and fighter.And as we know he displayed a lot of his skills few years laterXD

I love this film. Kuo Chui is great in it, too.

Yeah I love his end fight with Jonny Wang Lung Wei.

Also Bruce Tong wields a mighty fine stone block of foam with some effectiveness at the endXD

what is the music from, it sounds like some Akira Ifukube/Toho but I can't place it.

Cool movie, where else are you gonna see Carter Wong, Kuo Choi, Lau Kar Fai and Beardy all in the same flick?!

Eastern Evil
My interview with RH will be in an upcoming issue of Jade Screen. June or July, I've been told.

I wonder what ever happened with this?

I'd be interested to read the interview as well.

I wonder what ever happened with this?

I'd be interested to read the interview as well.

Here ya go EE.....

rh_1.jpg

rh_2.jpg

rh_3.jpg

Eastern Evil

Thank you Mr. teako. That is really cool that you got to interview someone like him. Great job and I really appreciate it!

...a quick glance at it - does he mean Chi Kuan Chun when He mentions Kuo Choi (tall & shy)??

apologies if this has been asked!

Archived